Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi decided to get dixie spayed before first season. she's booked in for friday and didn't realise how i would feel! so nervous about the operation and feel upset.

don't know why, its defo for the best.

she's gettin a puppy cut tommorrow at groomers!

oooooo roll on 2 weeks time!

love Bec & dixie

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Don't worry, we have all been there. I'm sure everything will be fine. It will actually be a lot hard on you then it will be on her. Lexi send hugs and kisses

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I think you made the right decision. I know you're nervous, but it's really routine surgery for vets. Make sure they do pre op bloodwork to make sure Dixie doesn't have any hidden problems that could complicate the surgery, though.

Will your vet keep her overnight? Did you ask what type of anesthesia they will be using?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Aww I'm sure she'll do fine! Lucy turned five months old today
So I have a feeling a spay for her won't be far behind Dixie's. Good luck to her and you! You'll probably have a harder time with it than her, from what I've read
So relax, she'll be fine. Lucy sends kisses.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the support

nichole, bought a cone today but got the size 2 and its too big, will have to change it tommorrow to size 1. she didn't like it being tried on her thou. i would have ordered that collar but it won't come in time now.

bought her 2 new toys and some treats for next week when her diet will be back to normal

how long is it before stitches come out?

she go's in at 8.30 and comes home around 3pm!! yeh no overnight stay away from her mummy! she is now 5 pounds and she just seems so tiny!

love me

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I realize that it is easier said than done but relax!
I'm sure Dixie will be fine. Baxter sends lots of hugs and kisses her way!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
We've all been there before! She will be fine, and back to her old self in no time!!! I'm glad you are getting her spay done before her first season!! Peanut sends lots of love and kisses for a quick recovery!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Let me add my best wishes from all of our family. She'll do great! It's over quickly and they recover in no time at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts