Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok-I'm at work and like a dummy, I forgot to upload the results last night, so no pictures yet (will later this evening).

I've always wanted to take better pictures and I'm so envious of you guys that can do such a wonderful job in photographing your pets.

That's what prompted this search online and I would say that this is the best tutorial. I was going to buy a studio set on Ebay but they were costing almost $350.00!
So I just made my own, and it was free! (I had extra desk lamps to use instead).

The result was so much better than my past pictures. It even teaches you how to use photoshop to change out the background! Very useful in holiday card making.

Enjoy!

Digital Photography, even talks about PET photography

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
if u want to know a cheap setup i can help u out...i started with a setup for less than 50 bucks and it works just as well as the one i have now...i just have the real stuff now for the convience of it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Nov 3 2005, 04:34 PM
if u want to know a cheap setup i can help u out...i started with a setup for less than 50 bucks and it works just as well as the one i have now...i just have the real stuff now for the convience of it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=116379
[/QUOTE]

Yes! I want to do it! Can you teach me?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
ok! the secret are these lights i have a picture of (EBW NO.B2 GE PHOTOFLOOD LIGHT BULBS)....u need a lamp with a ceramic socket b/c they get hot....u can get the lamps at lowes..at least that is where i got mine....they have clamps to clip them to something. the light bulbs i get on ebay b/c they are cheap there..but u can get them at a photo/camera store for 4xs the money lol. i use 2 lights... and set them up like shown....i sometimes move them around until the shadows cancle each other (the hardest part is finding somethign to clip the lights on, which is why i have a better settup...but it does work the same) if u have a light higher than the subject it will cast the shadow down onto the floor, which is usually good as long as there is enough light on the face...i really dont have a science to it..i just movwe the lights till it looks right....it will look bright....but when the camera takes the pic it will be perfect

Attachments

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
where r those photos u promised to post?

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I was down the back in the archive room, and came across this old thread - GREAT info thanks Mimi - and also, thank you Jaimie for the tips!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts