Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you all. I just noticed that all of DMZ's posts say "deleted". Is this only happening to me, or you as well? Why? Let me know, I'm really confused

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Mar 26 2005, 08:16 AM
I've been deleting them.  The internet wackos from a couple years back who posted a $500 reward for proof of my older's dog's death are re-surfacing, so I'm trying to become invisible.  I don't want them to find out where I live because when it first happened, it started to merge into real life as well.  We were out walking and some drunk foreign guys starting making cracks about how they knew how to earn some quick beer money.  They were pretty drunk, but still...that was just too scary.  So, I'm trying to delete myself off of this site entirely after I noticed that if I google my older's dog's name along with the country where I am living, posts from this site come up.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46398
[/QUOTE]

We don't want to lose hearing your wonderful posts and adventures of your dogs. Is it possible for you to still post but delete references to where you live and your dogs' names... maybe just call them C & N or something like that....

I agree with you about Google.... if any of our user names are keyed in, our posts will come up...

This is just awful for you though..... Oh gosh!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Mar 26 2005, 08:51 AM
It's a lot faster to just delete the entire post than scan through it for the names and change them.  I've got 22 pages of posts!  UGH!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46403
[/QUOTE]
lol..... OH, I didn't mean the old posts... I just meant with any future posts.... I hope you still will be posting.... ??

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
That's awful!
Now I am curious about the old story.

Glad to hear you are not leaving altogether.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Mar 26 2005, 08:16 AM
I've been deleting them.  The internet wackos from a couple years back who posted a $500 reward for proof of my older's dog's death are re-surfacing, so I'm trying to become invisible.  I don't want them to find out where I live because when it first happened, it started to merge into real life as well.  We were out walking and some drunk foreign guys starting making cracks about how they knew how to earn some quick beer money.  They were pretty drunk, but still...that was just too scary.  So, I'm trying to delete myself off of this site entirely after I noticed that if I google my older's dog's name along with the country where I am living, posts from this site come up.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46398
[/QUOTE]

That sounds scary, internet wackos really ruin it for everyone you know? i wouldt post photos of myself , online except all my friends post pages with me on it alrieady so i just figure whatever, but if that eve happened to be i would freak out

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
This sounds so crazy! Sorry you're having issues. This sucks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
DMZ,
Also watch in threads you've posted in. Lots of people quote the whole thing, so you may need to contact other members to delete where they've quoted you.
My sympathies!!
Deanne

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I'm so sorry you are having problems. Maybe use initials. We'll know who you are talking about. Or change your user name. What about that? We love you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts