Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking that maybe this would go under the Health section, too. I have started lying about Bonnie's age to strangers because when I tell them she's 9 they'll say, oh, she's old. So now I tell them she's 5 and they treat her normally. Funny, huh?

Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I was thinking that maybe this would go under the Health section, too. I have started lying about Bonnie's age to strangers because when I tell them she's 9 they'll say, oh, she's old. So now I tell them she's 5 and they treat her normally. Funny, huh?

Anyone else?
Well I guess since she's not lying about it, you could tell a little white lie. B) Funny that you said this because I just met someone today in the park with a Giant Schnauzer. Boy are they aptly named. Anyway he was totally friendly and it was too cute seeing Tyler and him nose to nose (if only I had my camera). He then said "Do you know how old he is?" I had no idea. He said "He's 11." :new_shocked:Well I almost fell over. He was in such perfect shape and so beautiful - he could have been 2. And he still can run for about a mile...used to run 6. :w00t: I was so in awe that my thought wasn't "Oh he's old" but "Oh he's in great shape. You must take good care of him." I would hope others would feel the same about Bonnie.:wub:

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I proudly tell everyone Miss Lady is almost 15!
I guess when Bonnie hits 15 I'll be proud to say that, too, Marj! Right now she's in the gray area...

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Well I think Bonnie looks great! I've been telling people that Ava is 2 when actually she won't be 2 for a few weeks yet. Maybe that is more of an exageration than a lie.....:unsure:....it's just easier to say that at this point.

I more tend to lie about their weight. I can't believe Archie is actually 10 lbs!!! He's starting to look like a butter ball!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I didn't realize but I do the same thing sometimes too. Vanilla will be 2 years old in 3 months but when strangers ask I usually say "oh she's only 1" and they say "awwww she's a little puppy" :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I think Bonnie looks great! I've been telling people that Ava is 2 when actually she won't be 2 for a few weeks yet. Maybe that is more of an exageration than a lie.....:unsure:....it's just easier to say that at this point.

I more tend to lie about their weight. I can't believe Archie is actually 10 lbs!!! He's starting to look like a butter ball!!
Pat, you caught me...I also lie about Bonnie's weight. Although, she's been on a diet and I take her Monday for a checkup so maybe she's lost some of her middle age spread! Bonnie and Archie can hang out and eat till their heart's content and we'd still love 'em.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Jonathan will be 12 soon....and I do tell people because they think he looks 6ish! And then I tell them why he is in such excellent health - good preventative care including REGULAR DENTAL CLEANINGS!

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I don't know about the dogs but I might have fibbed a tiny bit on my age a time of two....and as for weight, well just don't check my drivers license. Hey, I was that weight at one time!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Before Vulfie went to the Bridge, I told anyone who asked he was 14. Same for Rooney. Since I was sick all of July, Spookie and I lost a month, and it came as a shock to me today she will be 10 months on the31st.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
LOL @ Pam!
I think many non maltese people don't realize what a long life maltese have in comparison to many other dogs. They probably think they are older than they truly are when you say 9.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Nope...My big boy Reginald (Cocker Spaniel) I'm proud to say to people he is 16. People are like wow that's really good. As for my new one Libby, I say 8 will be 9 in September. Most say she looks so young!
As for my two young ones Alvin and Chloe people ask and I tell.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Cody just turned 9 yrs old last week. Everyone is so surprised when we tell them he's 9. They always guess him to be around 4 or 5 yrs. old. He's in great shape and doing well. :aktion033:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I don't lie about their ages, but London is only 2 (3 in December) and Preston is only 1 (2 in April).

I honestly believe dogs get better as they age. Their personalities really flourish after the first few years go by, and they are just so amazing. I think you should be proud of Bonnie's age and how young she looks. :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
I used to tell Andy's age to everyone, because they couldnt believe he was 14. He coulda passed for like 7ish. Thats kinda what people always thought.

For Nelson, if he acts badly I say "sorry he's still a puppy" hahhaha I guess I can only do that for another 2 months! :blush:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I don't lie about his age, but when I tell them how old he is (10 months)they always say...OMG, he's so tiny! Well isn't he supposed to be? He's five pounds. Guess I'm a little touchy because I so want him to fatten up a little bit to maybe six pounds. I wish I had that problem. I don't lie about my age either, LOL... and if I did I would make myself older so people would look and say...she looks great for her age! Guess I got a little side tracked didn't I?

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
:wub::wub:Sweetie Bonnie doesn't even look close to 6 :wub: :wub:

I get the 'surprise' reaction from people when I tell them about the malts' actual age. Some tend to assume that they are still puppies:blink: (people who don't really know a lot about dogs and the Maltese) lol I get a lot of 'they look like stuffed toys' comments from these people:HistericalSmiley:

I guess that our little Maltese can look young forever

Kat

1 - 20 of 26 Posts