Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you go to your vet, ask your vet about online products. Most likely they will tell you that they will reimburse you the dosages left over from the online purchases with receipt. A lot of vets are working with the government to prevent illegal sales and counterfeit sales of flea meds and heart worms meds online. The products online are cheaper but do not comply with govt laws. If you are noticing fleas or products that do not seem to take effect on your pets, consider taking a look at your sources. Many products require certification. There are many harmful products you are paying for so please make sure and confer with your vet to ensure your loved ones health.
Love lei.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
All those products need a prescription from your vet. A reputable website will ask for a phone number to call your vet office to get the prescription before sending anything to you. If you buy from a site that sells over the counter there is a chance the product is not good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Jul 25 2005, 10:44 PM
All those products need a prescription from your vet. A reputable website will ask for a phone number to call your vet office to get the prescription before sending anything to you. If you buy from a site that sells over the counter there is a chance the product is not good.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84496
[/QUOTE]

have you checked out drsfosterandsmith.com?
they sell products that seem so healthy for your pet after looking over ingredient.. but what about their certifications?

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
We often buy from DrFoster&Smith, but never buy flea and heartworm meds anywhere except from our vet. We do buy vitamins for Scooby there though like the ones for joints and ligaments and I have to say since using them he hasn't had any further problems with his patella. He is much more confident in his playing and hasn't had an incident now for months, which is very pleasing.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Jul 26 2005, 07:47 AM
We often buy from DrFoster&Smith, but never buy flea and heartworm meds anywhere except from our vet. We do buy vitamins for Scooby there though like the ones for joints and ligaments and I have to say since using them he hasn't had any further problems with his patella. He is much more confident in his playing and hasn't had an incident now for months, which is very pleasing.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84537
[/QUOTE]
What are you giving Scooby? My sheltie has arthritic problems and is quite lame. I have tried everything!!!! Even acupunture. I would like to try what you are using and see if it helps my boy.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I called Frontline last year and they said you actually do NOT need a prescription. They only sell Frontline Plus to doctor's office but it is actually not a prescription.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
With a disease as devastating as heart worm it is not worth it to save a few bucks by buying online.

My vet has posted a sign saying they were matching online prices because they have seen so many dogs in their practice with heart worms whose owners had bought the preventative online.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I buy the heartworm meds from the vet, but have purchased flea meds on ebay, and so far they have been fine...

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
The only place I have bought medicine online is PetRx.com tho it was not flea medicine. And they called my vet for authorization.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts