Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My breeder said that she has never had pet insurance since all of her puppies(the ones that she has kept) have never had any problems. I am thinking of getting it incase of things like tears in ligaments from running too much since we love taking our Maltese puppy outside and running with him a lot. I have seen a lot of posts about wear in there legs and ligaments from a lot of playing around with them. Would it be fine to go with insurance around $30 with 80% deductible?

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
5,897 Posts
I wouldn’t go without pet insurance. Thats a very reasonable price for 80% payback. I pay $117.00 for 80% and $126.00 for 90% plan.
What company gave you that price?

·
Registered
32 Posts
My breeder said that she has never had pet insurance since all of her puppies(the ones that she has kept) have never had any problems. I am thinking of getting it incase of things like tears in ligaments from running too much since we love taking our Maltese puppy outside and running with him a lot. I have seen a lot of posts about wear in there legs and ligaments from a lot of playing around with them. Would it be fine to go with insurance around $30 with 80% deductible?
I didn't have pet insurance for my last maltese (but I wish I did as her vet bills were large during those years) as 16 years ago it was different than it is now. I have pet insurance for my puppy Mia with 90% deductible. There is usually a waiting period with some things and preexisting conditions are excluded. I do know from other pet moms that insurance goes up as they age so I may bring the deductible lower as the years go by.

·
Registered
Molly - Maltese - born 2013
2 Posts
We have insurance, but I’ve never made a claim. She does have a migrated patella, so it’s only a matter of time until she jumps and injures herself. Molly’s insurance is through ASPCA and it’s $13/month. I’m not sure what her deductible is - I can’t remember offhand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts