Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me like when his eyes had longer hair around them it was better. He seems to be tearing more now and staining especially one eye... ever since he got groomed and was clipped shorter.

LONG or short hair, which do you prefer? I like the body shorter because it is easier to do...yet, I like it long.

His feet....we go for walks every day....and every day I have to wash his feet and a little ways up his legs because the hair gets black.

One more thing....how often do you bathe your Malt?

I've been bathing him once a week, but after walks I wish I could do it more often...yet I don't want his skin to get too dry. I use a high quality shampoo/conditoner and he comes out looking beautiful and white.

Any suggestions on how you keep your dog's face, around eyes, body and feet?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I do have the groomer to cut around the eyes, but i am thinking about having her to leave it long this time and see what happens.

As for walks i put shoes on Sugar. I find that works great.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you tell me what kind of shoes? It will be getting warm here, but maybe something can work. Where do you get them?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
i noticed the same after i cut around his eyes he tears more , n has light staing , very light , actually i dont think its so much staing more that its wet.. i plan to leave his hair on his face long to see.. i have been bathing dolce once a week too , as he gets kind of dirty looking to my taste , i have the same issue with walking , if i take him out he gets black! usually i just wash his feet but is it ok to do this every day i wonder , the shoe idea is cute , im gonna have to think about that too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts