Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering here how many of us dress up our fluffs and other pets for Halloween. If so, have you thought about what he/she will be? Do you take them out trick or treating? I always go along with my grandchildren and sometimes we dress up too..and this year I was thinking of taking Rocky with us. The girls want me to buy Rocky a costume.

Where do you get your costumes for your fluff? And what have they dressed up as in the past? I think they look so cute in costumes! :Sooo cute: It would be fun to see all of them dressed up!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Yes, I dressed Aolani up as a pumpkin last year and do plan on dressing him up again this year, but have not yet decided 100% on what - maybe cowboy, maybe chicken - not sure yet. We don't trick or treat but I did walk him in the neighborhood with his costume on.

Below are some pics of Halloween 09

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Hunter was a pirate the first year because my mom bought him the outfit. Last year we bought 2 outfits that were $1 a piece at Target after Halloween - a devil and a bumble bee. I love the bumble bee so much that I think he just might have to wear it this year. We dont have kids so we dont trick or treat and we don't live in a neighborhood so we don't get kids so we do pumpkins and if we dress him up its just for us. We sometimes go out with our friends and their kids or my younger sister so then we will take him and dress him up - it kinda just depends on whats happening.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yep. Tiff was a pirate last year.

For next Halloween, I think it would be funny to dress her up as Lady Gaga. But I'm not sure what she would wear. A bow made out of white hair? A bubble dress?

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
Dianne I dress them every year:chili: I have made outfits for them, and have bought costumes, every Halloween on SM we have photo's of our babies in their costumes, your gonna love it. You better get Rocky a costume. here's one of Matilda from 3 years ago, she wasn't thrilled:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I haven't dressed mine up for Holloween ,but I will this year since my mom is in the nursing home,I think the residents will get a kick out of it.I dress them up for special occations and they (fluffs and folks) love it. It's been s hot lately I haven't dressed them so they just show up in their best fur coats....

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I forgot,I just saw little outfits for kids and teddy bears at Dollar Tree,in their toy isle,I bet they'd fit some small fluffs. They had some fairy,princess,pirate,firefighter and bumble bee outfits. Really cute. For a $1 each you can't go wrong,especially if you have many fluffs to dress...

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a really great idea Michelle...I think I will do that too at my Mom's assisted living home.

I haven't dressed mine up for Holloween ,but I will this year since my mom is in the nursing home,I think the residents will get a kick out of it.I dress them up for special occations and they (fluffs and folks) love it. It's been s hot lately I haven't dressed them so they just show up in their best fur coats....

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think we have Dollar tree here..but I'm going to look, that's a great deal!

I forgot,I just saw little outfits for kids and teddy bears at Dollar Tree,in their toy isle,I bet they'd fit some small fluffs. They had some fairy,princess,pirate,firefighter and bumble bee outfits. Really cute. For a $1 each you can't go wrong,especially if you have many fluffs to dress...

·
Registered
744 Posts
I've only dressed Vi up once and she was a frog :) I bought the costume off of someone here actually!

You can buy costumes at Build A Bear by the way ;) they already have the opening for the tail and ears!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Some of us don't do costumes but do dress the fluffs in Halloween dresses or vests instead.

Since you brought this up, I've been wanting to do something fun with pictures of our fluffs dressed up for Halloween (costumes or Halloween dresses/vests). I haven't discussed wit Jung yet, but have thought of maybe putting together a little contest for best costume -- or maybe just putting together a video with a "parade of outfits" from pictures that you send to me.

If you have any ideas on something we could do for Halloween, I would be more than happy to help arrange it.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
I don't dress my dogs for trick or treating, but i do make a float and put them in a Halloween parade each year. It's a lot of work, but also lots of fun - we're usually sourrounded by people all day oooing and ahhing over the dogs. :chili:

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
I don't dress my dogs for trick or treating, but i do make a float and put them in a Halloween parade each year. It's a lot of work, but also lots of fun - we're usually sourrounded by people all day oooing and ahhing over the dogs. :chili:

sooooo Pat what are you thinking about making this year? I always love seeing what you come up with:chili:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Some of us don't do costumes but do dress the fluffs in Halloween dresses or vests instead.

Since you brought this up, I've been wanting to do something fun with pictures of our fluffs dressed up for Halloween (costumes or Halloween dresses/vests). I haven't discussed wit Jung yet, but have thought of maybe putting together a little contest for best costume -- or maybe just putting together a video with a "parade of outfits" from pictures that you send to me.

If you have any ideas on something we could do for Halloween, I would be more than happy to help arrange it.
That sounds fun! I'm in!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well isn't that a great idea..I never thought of that.

I've only dressed Vi up once and she was a frog :) I bought the costume off of someone here actually!

You can buy costumes at Build A Bear by the way ;) they already have the opening for the tail and ears!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How cute...does your town do that?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Putting a video together would be a really cute idea. I was thinking of how many costumes each of us may have from past years. If we all circulated them we'd never have to buy a costume again.:HistericalSmiley:Although I'd have to get one this year...because I don't have any.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts