Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Harley is in baaad need of a bath. It's been over 2 weeks.we knew he was going to be in the kennel for his neutering so we didn't give his bath the weekend before he went & now its been 9 days since his surgery so he's a stinky butt
He loves his bath though & he loves his brushing lately too. He just likes to be showered with the attention!

Originally posted by Harleysmom@Mar 18 2005, 12:36 PM
Harley is in baaad need of a bath. It's been over 2 weeks.we knew he was going to be in the kennel for his neutering so we didn't give his bath the weekend before he went & now its been 9 days since his surgery so he's a stinky butt
He loves his bath though & he loves his brushing lately too. He just likes to be showered with the attention!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44235
[/QUOTE]
Has Harley always loved his bath? --Ruby doesn't like hers but she is getting better-I was just wondering if maybe she'll come to love it?
That would be so nice I always feel so bad for her when its bathtime.....
-or time to wash her face, or get dressed, or get a bow, or put her harness on......

Originally posted by RubyJeansmom+Mar 18 2005, 03:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Harleysmom
@Mar 18 2005, 12:36 PM
Has Harley always loved his bath? --Ruby doesn't like hers but she is getting better-I was just wondering if maybe she'll come to love it?
-or time to wash her face, or get dressed, or get a bow, or put her harness on......

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44247
[/B][/QUOTE]

He is 6mths so at first he didn't but I'd say the past 3 times he has so yes there is hope

Originally posted by Harleysmom+Mar 18 2005, 03:59 PM-->
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Mar 18 2005, 03:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Harleysmom
@Mar 18 2005, 12:36 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44247

[/QUOTE]
He is 6mths so at first he didn't but I'd say the past 3 times he has so yes there is hope

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44251
[/B][/QUOTE]
Awww, RJ will come around!! Peanut used to hate it when it was time to either wash his face, brush his teeth, or put on the harness, but now even though he may not like it, he'll put up with it. He has come to love putting on his harness, when he hears the id tags jingle he comes running.

Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Mar 13 2005, 02:38 PM
The best advice I can give is to read JMM's posts about grooming. She's the "master" for sure!!!

I had the same problems as you all have but it does get better. I just now finished brushing Catcher and he did the cutest thing ... as I was trying to get a mat out from under his front leg, he lifted it so I could get in there better. It was just so cute. And he laid his little head down on the towel so I could get his top knot. I never thought I'd see the day when that would happen... He's 10 months now...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42895
[/QUOTE]
So there is hope! I'm so happy to hear that because I always feel so bad!!
Yes I took the advice of putting Ruby on the washing machine for grooming time and she does SO MUCH better-never wiggles around like she did on the floor-- she's 7 months tomorrow so I'm just happy she'll learn in time that its not so bad!!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.