Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, about a month ago, my next door neighbors had a BBQ in thier driveway, which if they stood on their tippy toes they could see over our wooden fence. Well, this is a pretty decent area, not poor area by any means. Well, they brought their friends over, I could tell they were drinking and smoking pot. They had kids there and everything. But...my problem was that I guess they saw a rat or possumin the huge tree I have in my backyard, and they decided to pull out a pellet or bee bee gun and try to start shooting it! This went on for some time until my bf got really pissed off and decided to write a note warning them that if they pull that crap anymore we were going to call the cops. They stopped.

Well, my backyard neighbor who moved in about 1/2 year ago, went through a divorce and kept that house and kicked the people out that were renting it. Well, I have Hibiscus that are huge and instead of having a brick fence these big bushes provided privacy. Well, on the right side he had a tree that blocked the view into his yeard. Well, his wife must have liked that tree cuz right when he moved in he tore that sucker down for no reason. So there is a huge gap in the backyard where we can see into their yard and they can see into ours. And they are super loud when having their parties.

We bought this house 2 years ago because of the privacy of the yard. And the guy said he was going to build a fence back there...6 months ago. What a jerk. I want to move, but...

My bf and I are very quite and never bother anyone...Anybody else hate their neighbors?

~Elegant

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I'd hate to admit it, but I do hate lots of my neighbors. It just seems like no one around here has any consideration for anyone else. This one couple has two dogs that look like a bichon/poodle mix, at least that's what I think, and they run off leash barking at every squirrel, person or trash can they see. Now, I do have 2 dogs and they do bark, but I don't leave them outside to bark all afternoon. In fact, I end the walk/playtime outside early if my boys keep acting up. People block our driveway, throw their trash on our property the day after trash day, etc...I could go on for hours. We live in a pretty expensive neighborhood (I still live with my parents
). There really aren't many friendly/considerate people here.

At my bf's house, the only complaint that I have is that two houses down from us, there is a really big dog. I have no clue what kind of a dog it is, but he's really friendly. The only problem is that he wanders the neighborhood alone and poops every place imaginable. I never thought to look at the ground before I got out of the car in our driveway, but believe me I learned my lesson and I look everywhere before I take a step now (I was wearing flip flops that day
). I think everyone in the neighborhood has asked the owner to pay more attention to the dog and not let him wander onto everyone's lawns, but nothing has worked.

You're not alone with your feelings -_-

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I live in cul-de-sac with 5 houses, we are in the middle. Hilly woods behind, so its nice and private. We have a neighbor to one side who is the chief of police and on a huge power trip. He had some landscaping done where he raised is property and left this huge slope that he lined at the top (on his side) with these atrocious juniper trees. He refuses to maintain the hillside that he created, and when I go up to do it I have to sneak out or he freaks and threatens to fight my family members or take me to jail (and he has done this with my landscapers too, while they cut MY grass). We caught him cleaning his dog pens and throwing the dirt into my property, and when confronted he flipped out and said he had permission. hes crazy.

We all know each other around here and most people are OK. Most I like better than ok, but my other neighbor is also a freak- lucky me. He never does anything to his place either and his animals are always getting loose and getting killed (yes its happened many times) and he keeps getting replacements. He doesnt clean up after them and you can smell them from the back yard up to the front street.

You're not the only one. I totally know what its like. Put up a fence yourself if you can.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I guess our neighbors arent that bad, but Im telling you- What is it with people!?!

Our neighbors are annoying, when we first moved in they were nice no "welcome" or anything, but we talked a few times over our fence. Well last summer we had a big monsoon and in Arizona people have rocks instead of grass in their front yards. Well apparently our rocks had gone onto our sidewalk the night of the rain. The next night when we wwere sitting to eat dinner the neighbor and his gf came over while we were eating dinner and told us about the rocks on the sidewalk like expecting us to clean them up that second. He was drunk with a beer in his hand and it was so rude because he still kept talking even AFTER I told him we were eating. Well my poor bf who is sweet as can be and hates to make people mad went outside and started sweeping. Obviously it ruined our dinner BUT to make matters worse we heard banging at 7 in the morning the next weekend and he was replacing all the rocks on the side of our house with LARGER rocks. Ultimately what he did can be viewed as nice but WHO in the world just starts working on someone's side of the house without asking us. I dont know if he thought since it was sort of on his side too, I dont know it was weird. We are a young couple and he is probably in his 40's or so, his gf is probably in her high 20's and its like they look down on us.

We dont complain about his kids being in the street!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Gosh, I guess I'm basically lucky. The main thing is that my neighborhood is very, very quiet. No one ever has a party... well at least if they do, there is no noise to the surrounding homes. My neighborhood has an association (I'm on the board) so if there is a problem that the homeowners can't solve, sometimes there is a rule that covers the situation and the board can help out.

The thing that I wish, though, is that we were friendlier. When I first moved here, almost all houses were lived in by single women and they were just great. Over time, they have moved and couples moved in and I have never really gotten to know them. I think what makes neighborhoods close is when the residents fit in to a similar demographic. When they have things in common.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I guess I am lucky too. I love my neighbours and my neighbourhood. They are so friendly and helpful. My direct neighbour owned his lot for over 20 years. When I first moved in, he was renting out his home and it was always to wonderful people. 3 years ago ... he knocked down the house and built his dream home. His family came every day to film the entire process..... they are truely wonderful people and I am so happy to have them here. They help us with our yard work and when I get stuck in the snow ... he is always right there to help us shovel. He fixed up our share fence (which is really ours).

My neighbourhood is really quiet so no one really has any parties. It is a shame though how much it is changing. We live in midtown and it has recently become a really popular area because it is quiet yet on the subway line. We now have condo developments everywhere and all the little shops I grew up with have been knocked down or replaced by big commercial chains. It makes me want to cry!

The demographics also changed a lot. We went from a very Canadian neighbourhood to mostly immigrants (mind you .. I am also an immigrant). My block is one of the only blocks the still have the same people as 15 years ago.

We live one block east and 2 blocks south of the main streets. It is a matter of time before development hits us. My neighbours also has signs up saying they will not approve of any zoning changes.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I've never had a bad neighbor. We lived in our last neighborhood for 12 years, before moving to MS, and our next door neighbors were our best friends. In fact, I'm going to visit them after Memorial Day. This neighborhood is very quiet. Most people are either retired or work so no one really socializes, but everyone is respectful of each other and very nice. I guess we're really lucky. I can't imagine having awful neighbors.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah, i hate my neighbors. and one of them started a fight with me saying that i was "below them" because i rent.
we call her the "alcoholic" now. and then the other neighbor kept parking his trailer in front of my house (when he had room in front of his house) and another neighbor is friends with the alcoholic so he sees my dogs and called them "maniacs". i called animal control on him because he kept having his dog off leash. AND i made sure to call when i was outside and he was outside...and i spoke really loud.

OH! and then they started doing ****. like my back neighbor would throw things at gruffi. then a week ago someone opened the gate to my backyard (knowing that we have the dogs out there a lot) and then a couple days after that....they went into my backyard and went to the control panal thingy for the electricity---and turned off one of the switches at 10pm.

we had to lock are gate now. im pissed off.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I only have a proubly with 1 of my neighbors now, long story. But in my old neighborhood we were the ones everyone hated
my dad would pay the kid across the street like $1 to mow our yard and clean up all the tree clippings, it was just awful.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Add me to the list that seems to be growing
It wasn't always like this, when we first moved in we loved it here,most of the people around us were retired , they were so nice to us, my Daughter used to say when she walked home from school it was like MR. Rogers lived around here....LOL... but as time went on, one by one the houses sold(as the people aged or passed away) and the new people that moved in are..well, let's just say not very friendly. It would take me a novel to tell all that has gone on

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
We are very lucky. We've lived here for 31 years and have seen many changes. But we have really good neighbors now.
We have had a couple of doosy's in between now and then ha ha.
But all is good right now.

·
Registered
608 Posts
My mother wins hands down on having the worst neighbor....I kid you not these are good pictures and she has quite a bit of clothes on for her. She is known for her rollerblading in a way to short mini with no panty's or riding her bike the same way. When my mother has company or any new male comes down the culdasac she promtly from one horrific outfit to another and models for him including bending over again sans panty's. For those that dare here is her website. They are seriously crazy. The stories I could tell. Now mind you my mother lives in a very upscale area no one knows where they came from.

http://exposetvshow.com/index.htm

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina@May 22 2005, 07:48 AM
My mother wins hands down on the worst niebor....I kid you not these are good pictures and she has quite a bit of clothes on for her.  She is known for her rollerblading in a way to short mini with no panty's or riding her bike the same way.  When my mother has company or any new male comes down the culdasac she promtly from one horrific outfit to another and models for him including bending over again sans panty's.  For those that dare here is her website.  They are seriously crazy.  The stories I could tell. Now mind you my mother lives in a very upscale area no one knows where they came from. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64229
[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?!

·
Registered
608 Posts

Yes I am. There are no pic's of her husband he looks like a greaser from the fiftys complete with the leather jacket and black combat boots summer, spring, or fall ( she calls him daddy) too. They are well known for blaring their music and dirty dancing in the driveway.

Originally posted by tlunn+May 22 2005, 07:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina
@May 22 2005, 07:48 AM
My mother wins hands down on the worst niebor....I kid you not these are good pictures and she has quite a bit of clothes on for her.  She is known for her rollerblading in a way to short mini with no panty's or riding her bike the same way.  When my mother has company or any new male comes down the culdasac she promtly from one horrific outfit to another and models for him including bending over again sans panty's.   For those that dare here is her website.  They are seriously crazy.  The stories I could tell. Now mind you my mother lives in a very upscale area no one knows where they came from. 

Are you serious?!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64233
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina@May 22 2005, 08:04 AM

Yes I am.  There are no pic's of her husband he looks like a greaser from the fiftys complete with the leather jacket and black combat boots summer, spring, or fall ( she calls him daddy) too.  They are well known for blaring their music and dirty dancing in the driveway. 

<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina
My mother wins hands down on the worst niebor....I kid you not these are good pictures and she has quite a bit of clothes on for her.  She is known for her rollerblading in a way to short mini with no panty's or riding her bike the same way.  When my mother has company or any new male comes down the culdasac she promtly from one horrific outfit to another and models for him including bending over again sans panty's.   For those that dare here is her website.  They are seriously crazy.  The stories I could tell. Now mind you my mother lives in a very upscale area no one knows where they came from. 

Are you serious?!

[/QUOTE]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64235
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ok- now I am laughing!
I hope that is not rude...
But I really thought you were joking at first.
Sorry... -_-

Bless your heart is all I can say...

Is she YOUR neighbor? Or did you move FAR FAR away?

·
Registered
608 Posts

Ok- now I am laughing!
Sorry... -_-

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64237

No they live next to my mother. When my baby brother was in college and had all the guys home he was a football player they would line up in the front glass door and window to watch her. She is something that words can't explain. And no it is not rude to laugh we all do. Where is Nicole she lives in my mothers town. I bet she has seen them around. I have to go over today if I can snap a quick pick with my mom's digital I will, try to capture the true effect.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
:eek: OMG! I truly feel for your mother.......

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+May 22 2005, 09:06 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina
@May 22 2005, 08:04 AM

Yes I am.  There are no pic's of her husband he looks like a greaser from the fiftys complete with the leather jacket and black combat boots summer, spring, or fall ( she calls him daddy) too.  They are well known for blaring their music and dirty dancing in the driveway.  

<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina

Are you serious?!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64235
[/B]

Ok- now I am laughing!
Sorry... -_-

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64237
[/B][/QUOTE]

I think there may be some confusion... in your first post it sounded like it was your mother who was the bad neighbor... I see now that it is your mother's neighbor... right?

·
Registered
608 Posts
[/QUOTE]

I think there may be some confusion... in your first post it sounded like it was your mother who was the bad neighbor... I see now that it is your mother's neighbor... right?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64243
[/QUOTE]

b

You are correct. Leave it to me to make that mistake. I need more coffee.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts