Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday I get to check off one thing on my list
My family and friends know how much I love sloths, Marie has spoiled me with two stuffed animal sloths and today she sent me a beautiful heart necklace with a sloths hanging on the inside of the heart and on the other side is engraved keep me in your heart, its perfect and I will be wearing it on Saturday
Charity is flying over from Seattle to spend two days with me, its all part of what my family gave me for Christmas, there is a petting zoo close to where I live, a couple months ago the petting zoo received two sloths on loan unit March, the sloths names are Bonnie and Clyde.
My family gave me a gift certificate for a private encounter with the sloths, :tender::smootch::heart::chili:
Lorin and our daughter Charity will be able to be there with me.
I'm so excited we will be petting the sloths backs and I get to feed them :wub:
We will be taking pictures, I am going to ask Walter to make a thread so you can see what warms my heart. Next to Maltese, sloths hold a special place in my heart
My kids can't believe I love sloths, :HistericalSmiley:

So share with me, what's one thing on your bucket list that others would get a good belly laugh

·
Registered
525 Posts
Aw that is amazing! I love sloths too. There are plenty in Costa Rica and I was always mesmerized by them.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
How very special!
Such a thoughtful Christmas gift :party:. Not only do you get to check something off your bucket list this weekend but also share the experience with Charity and Lorin :chili::chili:. I must admit I have never heard of this one on anyones bucket list. I will definitely be looking for the pictures of you petting and feeding Bonnie & Clyde (love their names). I have never seen a sloth in person only in the movies. They are fascinating to watch. :Waiting:

On my bucket list - Don't laugh! :smrofl:
I would love to hike the Appalachian Trail. I have read every book & watched every movie I can find on it. My family thinks I'm crazy. Not sure this one will ever get checked off my list - The closest I may come to it is buying a piece of property backed up to it in TN or NC and building my small little cottage in the woods next to a stream.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I would love to see mountains....real mountains, not just hills. The problem is, I won't fly on a plane and I don't like long car rides so not sure how I'm supposed to see the mountains.

Another thing I would love is to make friends with a hummingbird. I love the hummingbirds we have in the summer months and I wish that some of them could come to know me and maybe even land on me. That would be amazing!!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,447 Posts
What a thoughtful family you have, Paula! I am so happy w/you! I look forward to seeing pictures of you w/B & C. As Paulann said, that is a new one to me, but very creative. It will be fun to see what Mattie & Geneva think of your scent when you come home.

I don't have much of a bucket list left---actually never have had one really. I just try to enjoy anything I can each & every day w/people I love. I did go hear Andrea Bocelli in Dec. which I have always wanted to do--just sorry I missed Pavarotti! (I like to see him in Vienna on the big screen (not in person) at the Rathaus in the summer w/my family.) I would like to go back to Switzerland & camp at the foot of the Eiger again (maybe too old for that one) & do some hiking. I am thinking of a trip w/some ladies in the Berner Oberland in Sept. but know I am not physically fit enough at the moment (working on that). Dwt has offered to keep the pups if I can go---maybe you want to join us, if I go?

I do have one more thing that is a stretch---I would like to live in France for 6-12 months . I don't know if that will happen---but I would say it is on my list.
I used to want to start a home for senior dogs that no one else wanted but my 2 don't like having other dogs live w/us. So, not sure that will happen either.

Anyhow, Paula---I can't wait to meet you one day! That is on my bucket list for sure!:wub::wub:

·
Super Moderator
9,667 Posts
Sure Paula, I would be glad to. I don't really have a bucket list other than retiring. I think I have everything I want in my life: a worn but comfortable home, a little companion, a garden I can grow fresh fruits and veggies in, my health is good (just a little stiff at times), a fast internet connection, neighbors who check on me if they see my car in the driveway when I am normally at work, living in an area in which I can get grocery delivery, a voice controlled house. The only thing I need as I get older might be chairlifts to get up and down the stairs in house. I would love a bit more land for an mini-orchard. Right now, I just have small fruits - raspberries, grapes, strawberries and my pride and joy blueberries. I used to have dwarf peaches and apples, but I needed to cut them down.

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Aw that is amazing! I love sloths too. There are plenty in Costa Rica and I was always mesmerized by them.
Wow that must have been awesome seeing them in the wild, I have wanted to see one up close, they look so precious, I don't think they would hurt anything

How very special!
Such a thoughtful Christmas gift :party:. Not only do you get to check something off your bucket list this weekend but also share the experience with Charity and Lorin :chili::chili:. I must admit I have never heard of this one on anyones bucket list. I will definitely be looking for the pictures of you petting and feeding Bonnie & Clyde (love their names). I have never seen a sloth in person only in the movies. They are fascinating to watch. :Waiting:

On my bucket list - Don't laugh! :smrofl:
I would love to hike the Appalachian Trail. I have read every book & watched every movie I can find on it. My family thinks I'm crazy. Not sure this one will ever get checked off my list - The closest I may come to it is buying a piece of property backed up to it in TN or NC and building my small little cottage in the woods next to a stream.

I have been known to be a little strange :HistericalSmiley:, years ago we lived in a RV and traveled the country, I so understand why you would want to hike the Appalachian trail, it's beautiful, we live in a beautiful country

I would love to see mountains....real mountains, not just hills. The problem is, I won't fly on a plane and I don't like long car rides so not sure how I'm supposed to see the mountains.

Another thing I would love is to make friends with a hummingbird. I love the hummingbirds we have in the summer months and I wish that some of them could come to know me and maybe even land on me. That would be amazing!!!!!
Wow Kathy I look out my prayer room window and bedroom window and see mountains all around me.
Right now the mountains are full of snow, I wish you could see them.
I have always lived where mountains are so I take advantage of them.
We have had hummingbirds come up and touch us, I love them

What a thoughtful family you have, Paula! I am so happy w/you! I look forward to seeing pictures of you w/B & C. As Paulann said, that is a new one to me, but very creative. It will be fun to see what Mattie & Geneva think of your scent when you come home.

I don't have much of a bucket list left---actually never have had one really. I just try to enjoy anything I can each & every day w/people I love. I did go hear Andrea Bocelli in Dec. which I have always wanted to do--just sorry I missed Pavarotti! (I like to see him in Vienna on the big screen (not in person) at the Rathaus in the summer w/my family.) I would like to go back to Switzerland & camp at the foot of the Eiger again (maybe too old for that one) & do some hiking. I am thinking of a trip w/some ladies in the Berner Oberland in Sept. but know I am not physically fit enough at the moment (working on that). Dwt has offered to keep the pups if I can go---maybe you want to join us, if I go?

I do have one more thing that is a stretch---I would like to live in France for 6-12 months . I don't know if that will happen---but I would say it is on my list.
I used to want to start a home for senior dogs that no one else wanted but my 2 don't like having other dogs live w/us. So, not sure that will happen either.

Anyhow, Paula---I can't wait to meet you one day! That is on my bucket list for sure!:wub::wub:
Wow Sandi you have quite the bucket list, Switzerland and France would be awesome to see talk about mountains
Sandi it would be wonderful to meet you, I feel like we would spend hours talking

Sure Paula, I would be glad to. I don't really have a bucket list other than retiring. I think I have everything I want in my life: a worn but comfortable home, a little companion, a garden I can grow fresh fruits and veggies in, my health is good (just a little stiff at times), a fast internet connection, neighbors who check on me if they see my car in the driveway when I am normally at work, living in an area in which I can get grocery delivery, a voice controlled house. The only thing I need as I get older might be chairlifts to get up and down the stairs in house. I would love a bit more land for an mini-orchard. Right now, I just have small fruits - raspberries, grapes, strawberries and my pride and joy blueberries. I used to have dwarf peaches and apples, but I needed to cut them down.

Walter I so can't wait for you to retire, you deserve time to do just what your heart wants, maybe make a trip with Casper to visit us:innocent: just saying
I will send you pictures most likely Sunday evening or Monday, thank you for always being there for me

·
Super Moderator
10,164 Posts
Paula, what a special treat! If you lived closer, you could borrow my T-shirt that says "Sloth Hiking Club. We'll Get There When We Get There." I love sloths too!

Not sure it's a bucket list - I've been fortunate enough to do a lot of cool things in my life - but when I retire, I want to get a subscription to the Broadway in Chicago. I love theater and with my work schedule, can't take advantage of seeing everything that comes to town, so that's what I plan on doing! As well as finally getting to see something - anything - on Broadway in New York!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bucket list

When my daughter was a teenager my husband and I where filling out a survey about her. There was a question asking, “What animal best describes your child?” We both wrote down a Sloth. :HistericalSmiley: We had a good laugh. She would move at a Sloths pace when she was asked to do something she really didn’t want to do. I can’t watch a Sloth on TV without thinking about that survey.

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paula, what a special treat! If you lived closer, you could borrow my T-shirt that says "Sloth Hiking Club. We'll Get There When We Get There." I love sloths too!

Not sure it's a bucket list - I've been fortunate enough to do a lot of cool things in my life - but when I retire, I want to get a subscription to the Broadway in Chicago. I love theater and with my work schedule, can't take advantage of seeing everything that comes to town, so that's what I plan on doing! As well as finally getting to see something - anything - on Broadway in New York!
Maggie I would have loved your T-shirt where did you get from?
I hope one day you will be able to go see theater in New York city.

When my daughter was a teenager my husband and I where filling out a survey about her. There was a question asking, “What animal best describes your child?” We both wrote down a Sloth. :HistericalSmiley: We had a good laugh. She would move at a Sloths pace when she was asked to do something she really didn’t want to do. I can’t watch a Sloth on TV without thinking about that survey.
:HistericalSmiley:you made my night :HistericalSmiley:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts