Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
OMG remember when I said that our high school in this town sent some students to Europe on a school trip.....well I just found out that they are in Italy!!!!!!!! :( It's really scary because they will bring the virus to our small town. Some teenagers aren't going to listen and self isolate when they get home. They would have better things to do.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I feel very blessed to live in this country.
I know it can be easy to panic when we see others panicking, but please, let's all stay calm and care for one another. If we all come together as a community we will get through this. Please remember that there will be many people who will be affected worse than us by this. People whose livelihoods have been affected and those who live paycheck to paycheck, working parents who have nowhere for there children to go now that the schools are closed, elderly and sick people who can't compete with the crowds, empty shelves and hoarders, and so much more. Please let's be more selfless and come together. I am touched by what I see in Italy. Neighborhood after neighborhood singing together and supporting one another from their balconies. This will pass. Let's show each other love and kindness, and teach our children the appropriate way to behave and care for others during difficult times. No more me me me mentalities! Peace over panic! We got this!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I agree that this is the time for kindness and community, though I also believe in living that way every day. As a former dementia care professional, seniors are my great love. My concern for their well being is endless. I am also a realist though. I remember when a particularly vicious Norovirus struck our community. Watching people collapsing, projectile vomiting, and spontaneously defecating all around me was very sobering. Sorry if that’s TMI, but it felt like a scene out of Mash. Watching staff as we tried to care for others and ourselves, returning to work too soon and getting sicker and spreading the illness even more. Well, if that experience doesn’t shake you to your core, then I don’t know what would. That was actually when my immune system began to crash. I was home quarantined for a week and was told it was that or hospitalization. Before that, I was a “chin up buttercup” kind of person. My Dad used to call it my “fake cheerleader smile.” It didn’t matter what was going on around me, I always offered the kind word and smile. He knew long before I realized it, that you must also be balanced. It’s natural to feel ups and downs as appropriate. While keeping your chin up is beneficial, staying aware of what’s happening around you, being proactive and possibly most importantly, being compassionate to yourself regarding feeling comfortable expressing your fears, is equally as important. Hence this post. I believe that speaking about your concerns and fears can be very healing and helpful. It is not a sign of weakness, or self centeredness to feel panic, but a sign of being a human. How one chooses to express that panic is where the issues come in. We all process differently I suppose. This post was a healthy reminder to make preparations for our pups. The time to prepare is not during a possible crisis, but before.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
We have 41 high school students returning to our small town today from a trip to Europe. Some of the parents have admitted on social media that they have no intentions of forcing their teen to self isolate for 2 weeks. :mad::(:oops:.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We have 41 high school students returning to our small town today from a trip to Europe. Some of the parents have admitted on social media that they have no intentions of forcing their teen to self isolate for 2 weeks. :mad::(:oops:.
Oh no. I hope your local authorities are aware and ready to enforce the quarantines in place. Not good😔.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts