Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been wanting to get my girls a twin dog stroller (very hard to find a high quality one) do you think this would work for fluffs? I met a lady yesterday who had one, lots of space probably could put 3 or 4 fluffs in it, I wonder if the seats are removeable, Schwinn makes it and it can also be used on the back of a bike. I have a Happy Trail stroller but it's crowded with both girls, what do you think? Does anyone have one of these strollers

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Paula, I have a pet gear stroller that holds two. Sometimes
three:blush:. Yes I push the weight limit. The one I have looks like this.
Prior to getting Libby, it would be Reginald in the back
then Alvin, Chloe in the front, she called shotgun:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:.
Now if we all go, its Reginald in the back with Libby in the front. The
other two walk, Alvin on the right and Chloe on the left. Of course
sometimes they all have to share the ride, except Reginald.

http://www.justpetstrollers.com/pet-gear-special-edition-pet-stroller.html

http://www.justpetstrollers.com/petzip_luxury_monogram_A701_stroller.html

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Honestly, Paula, it looks sort of odd and it appears to be really large. Have you seen it in person? I'm wondering how it folds? It looks sort of like one I got as my very first one and ended up sending it back .. it was too large and hard to handle and didn't fold easily (or maybe not at all?), etc.

I have one that is bigger than the regular Pet Gear ones and it is easy to handle, get in the car, etc.

I found it really, really difficult to choose a stroller from a Web site but of course I've had to do it because no place in my town sells them.

The picture of the one I have doesn't really show it well at all. I was pleasantly surprised when I got it how nice it was. If you want, I can put two of mine in it and take some pics to help you judge the size.

Pet Gear Special Edition Pet Stroller

EDIT: LOL!!!! As I was posting the one I have, Mary-Anderson was posting hers and its the exact one I have (except mine is green)!!!

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did see the stroller, it is big, maybe abit to big, :w00t:but I liked how much room it had, the lady told me it collapsed like my Happy Trails one. I liked the idea of being able to use it with a bike. It's pricey, $317.00 on ebay,
Sher I would like to see your babies in yours, how much do your babies weigh? My girls are bigger but on a diet:chili:

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paula, I have a pet gear stroller that holds two. Sometimes
three:blush:. Yes I push the weight limit. The one I have looks like this.
Prior to getting Libby, it would be Reginald in the back
then Alvin, Chloe in the front, she called shotgun:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:.
Now if we all go, its Reginald in the back with Libby in the front. The
other two walk, Alvin on the right and Chloe on the left. Of course
sometimes they all have to share the ride, except Reginald.

Mary is that your baby in the stroller, if so how much does she weigh?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Paula, it's nice the way that big one folds down but it still seems like it would be hard for a woman to put in the car by herself. And of course you'd need a place to store it. But if you really would use it with a bicycle that is a big plus for you. I'll try to take a picture this weekend of two of mine in the stroller. There is plenty of room for two .. My guys are not teeny; they're over 6-1/2 pounds ...

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
It looks huge and cumbersome to me from the photos. And very expensive.

I have a regular stroller and both fluffs fit in it together just fine. I think I paid $70 for it.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
I have the Pet Gear all terrain. It easily holds two Malts. Bogie and Cassie fit comfortably in it. Bogie is 9 lbs and Cassie is 6 lbs. It is rated for up to 60 pounds. The following is a picture of Cassie and Mercedes in the stroller with the top down. It really doesn't show the stroller well. The stroller is very easy to push, has holders for drinks and packages below. It does very well on grass and gravel. I have used it for out door dog shows where the terrain can be a little rough.

http://www.petgearinc.com/prods/PG8350BS.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
i love that you guys love strollers and maybe if i had a lot of fluffs , but im still pushing my son on a stroller most of the times , and im soo done !!! lol .. that first one does look big , it looks like a kids stroller . lol

·
Premium Member
6,090 Posts
My hubby says that if I get a stroller for our girls, I'm taking things too far but I think they're cool:chili:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
My hubby says that if I get a stroller for our girls, I'm taking things too far but I think they're cool:chili:
Tell hubby to "chill"!! LOL ... Really ... a stroller is just a carrying bag on wheels. It allows you to keep your babies with you more often
and allows them to be comfortable and get a bird's eye view of their surroundings. It's a really practical item to have when you have
small dogs, especially if you have more than one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I used to think a pet stroller was strange, but now that I have one, I don't know how I lived without it before. It makes life SO much easier.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Paula -- we have this stroller and both Lacie and Tilly fit in it fine. Lacie is 6 pounds and Tilly is 11 pounds. And it's not cramped at all -- there's plenty of room to add another one (if I had one).

I really like this one because of the large screen. It lets a lot of air circulate which is great for warmer climates. And if the girls want, they can both get under the canopy in the shade.

Kittywalk Pink pet stroller for dogs and cats

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
i love that you guys love strollers and maybe if i had a lot of fluffs , but im still pushing my son on a stroller most of the times , and im soo done !!! lol .. that first one does look big , it looks like a kids stroller . lol
Oh Liza. I know what you mean. I couldn't wait to get rid of the stroller for my son. Had so much trouble navigating with the stroller. Luckily I only have one little guy and I carry him in a shoulder bag when I need to take him somewhere pets aren't allowed or shouldn't be roaming around. I think the stroller would be a must with multiple fluffs though.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Tell hubby to "chill"!! LOL ... Really ... a stroller is just a carrying bag on wheels. It allows you to keep your babies with you more often
and allows them to be comfortable and get a bird's eye view of their surroundings. It's a really practical item to have when you have
small dogs, especially if you have more than one. :thumbsup:
Agreed. I never thought I'd have a stroller for my dogs but really it's all about the convenience. Not so I can be 'trendy' with a stroller for my dogs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts