Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edited - I am letting it go!

Taking a valuable point given by a smart person: life is too short to feel bad for too long, especially when it is out of your control.
Just gotta beat the bad/sad feeling that I get to shut it up when it comes to things that I cannot control! One thing that I gotta always remind myself is that I can NEVER please every single creature (I wish I can but it is impossible).

In SM for example, many dear people here, but so little time (+ other stuff) in the real busy life is available.

I am stopping this camel thing - unless someone wanted one, feel free to PM.

For the ones who I already (helped the malts to send) I am happy that I did. Snowy and Crystal are happy too <3 also wish that it was us traveling with them.

The malts and mommy still love you even if camel is too tired to travel.

hugs
Kat

ps. Sorry if I made anyone feel bad whether CC or anything else.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Kat, I agree with Suzan and Pat. You are so sweet and have great intentions. I'm interested in hearing about teh children who need your help, but I guess the time will come when you share that story - I would love to help out too if possible. I always thought it was really sweet of you to help Snowy and Crystal send out camels to their buddies as it can be tough for them to write out the addresses given that they can't get a good grip on the pens - maybe it's time to teach them to type ;) LOL, jk, again, you are one of the sweetest people I've met through Aolani and although I don't really think you needed to explain your actions, I'm thankful that you took the time out to do so for others :)

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Kat you have a heart of gold! Those little camels can't help but make a person smile! You have brought smiles to so many households when you sent them out. And I think that's why everyone wanted one. But in all honesty, you really put yourself out with the cost and time of mailing those camels. I've been slowly mailing out my mini Benny's (ps...I'm still waiting to send yours) and it can get costly! So don't feel bad about not being able to continue to send the camels and making others feel left out. We all know that was never your intention. I think the camels just got bigger than you ever thought they would!

Before we got our camels we enjoyed looking at all the pics of malts with their camels. I never expected to get them. I hope all those that don't have camels will just be able to look at camel threads and SMILE!

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
Kat, you are so sweet!

Milo adores his camel - a year later and it is still one of his favourite toys!

Like Tammy said, the camels have brought a smile to so many people! :)

I think the time and money you were spending on the camels was very generous - but it had to stop somewhere.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Hunter considers himself to be part of the camel club because he knows the story behind the camels and all the love he has witnessed them bring to his dear SM friends. Hunter was sent a camel, but his camel felt it was more needed elsewhere (where that is - we will never know).

Jealousy and the need to belong seems to be so engrained in our DNA but it is our job to recognize it and take care not to hurt other's feeling when dealing with our feelings of jealousy or being "left out". I am sorry that once again you feel as though what joy in sending out camels you felt has been replaced by fear or concern that you are hurting others or making them feel excluded.

Kat, you are a truly kind person and I am honored to know you here on SM!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Kat - I so agree with what everyone else posted. I know that the sending of camels was a loving gesture from your heart, Snowy's and Crystal's. I can see what you mean about people feeling left out of a club, but if they really knew you like I do, they'd know that was never your intention. I hope that this hasn't dampened your joy of seeing the camels find their homes (our camel is still one of Tyler's favorite toys, albeit with a broken neck :w00t: at the hands, or teeth, of Mr. Tyler) and I hope that those who may have complained can understand that. I know you often sent the camels to those of us facing a challenge at certain times or special circumstances or even just to cheer us up and show you care. I could never understand how you could pay for them and shipping which is very costly from your country. I think having people pay for them is a wonderful idea.
You are a remarkable young woman and I'm proud to call you my friend. :smootch:

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
"Before we got our camels we enjoyed looking at all the pics of malts with their camels. I never expected to get them. I hope all those that don't have camels will just be able to look at camel threads and SMILE! "

Good post!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sorry that I'm way out of the loop with this but what are camels? Is it a stuffed toy camel?

With just reading what is here I think that you have an amazing big heart to do what you have been doing. I'm sure that when other members received a camel from you during times of stress you brought some light to their day.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
What astounds me is that anyone human over the age of five, should know better than to act in such a manner. My goodness, my goodness.

We’re not being selected for a position on the debate team, or tennis team in our freshmen year in high school, We're ADULTS. - It’s a personal issue between two people - that’s endearing.

When I give, or see another person receiving, it gives me more pleasure than any object could ever come close, to achieving.

A smile is truly worth it’s weight in gold. How sad that Kat had to take the time to explain this.

Allie

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh Kat I am sorry to you and anyone if I hurt anyone's feeling by posting a thread of the T's getting camels. I suppose I should have asked before I posted about you sending me a gift. I honestly just wanted to share the happiness the malts and I had over getting a present.

It is very sweet of you to give of your time and money and give camels to SM members. I for one would be more than happy to pay for my camels and shipping. If you won't accept it, then please let me donate that money for someone who hasn't yet received one.

God bless you sweetie.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Kat, I only can agree to the other posts on this!

You're a very thoughtful and generous person and made everybody smile and happy about getting a camel!

We all can imagine how much work and high costs this must have caused for you!
I'm sure everybody will understand this!

Kat, as I already said, you're such a nice and lovely person, I'm happy to know you and your sweet malts here on SM!

Hugs,
Alexandra :wub:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I would love to see the video behind the camel club. What is a camel...stuffed animal? Help me to understand this wonderful women with such a big heart!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
oh kat , ur simply loving. when i first came here i think i questioned the camels . i thought it was the cutest thing .. i have never ever felt bad about not receiving a camel but looked at the posts and smiled , i agree with allie we are adults here.

i think what u have been doing is beyond generous , and for u to take the time to explain it well that just proves it.

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Oh little Kat, you dear sweet girl. Your post has brought tears to my eyes. I never would have guessed that your sweet generous gifts would cause you any kind of trouble. It is a sad thing indeed that you would have to write an appology for being so thoughful to your friends. Please know that anyone who knows our Kat like I do knows that you would only have the kindest intentions for anything you do.

Relax your mind and have lovely dreams, all is well with your friends.:wub::wub::wub:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
As the some others said "We are adults here." We should be happy when others on SM receive gifts from others. When I posted the question on what the Camel Club was about I did it because I was curious. I thought it was a wonderful and fun gesture to do. I do understand how costly it could be on you. I'm sure the ones that received them are truley honored to recieve a gift from such an extraordinary person.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh Kat, I am just now seeing this~~I know you as the sweetest, dearest young woman, truly full of love!!! I have often thought to myself if only our countries of the world could feel the love that Kat has for her fellow human beings, what a world this would be!!! I am deeply sorry that the most giving, wonderful gifts that came from your heart made you feel sad about this. Do you know how much you are loved and respected by the ladies of this forum?? I have always told you how beautiful your spirit is, long before the camels started arriving. You have to feel our love for you.....we know how wonderful you are sweet Kat~~~Hugs and love to you my friend!!!!:heart:

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Oh Kat....I think you are one generous, kind person. I am always happy to see a malt with their new camel...it brings a smile to my face. I for one, honestly never felt left out. You are the best!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts