Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I will be taking my puppy to the groomer in the next week for her first hairbow. For those of you that have doggies that wear bows...does it bother them at all? I can just see Maggie trying to rip them right out. She is such a mischievous little booger.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i used to put clips in the girls hair...they didnt mind.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi hates bows. Actually she hates anything on her head or having anything done with her head.
She will wear clothes. I have 2 sweatshirts and 6 t-shirts. She is outgrowing a lot of them. Oh, darn I have to go shopping for new ones. :lol:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy tolerates clothes.. I like to put a cute shirt on him every now and then and he'll keep them on unless he's running around playing. As for bows, he isn't having any of that. I've only had a bow on him once and he hated it like you have no idea
He also seemed to be a little sore where the top knot was, so I don't think we'll be doing that again for a while.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tiki won't have anything to do with bows or clothes

I tried when he was younger and he would just bite, pull and roll around until I removed the item. I figured ( much to my disappointment) if he wanted to be "al natural" so be it

Judi

·
Registered
346 Posts
Morgan goes in and pulls the stuff out of his bag and drops it in front of me to put on him! lol He tolerates the bows and after a few minutes he forgets he has them in his hair at all.

I think it is just a case of them getting used to the stuff. Bailey my Yorkie, gave me greif with his little hat and he is slowly getting better with it. His tuffed on his head is just now getting long enough to put bows in it, so he has worn them two or three times, but I am gonna hafta start using the cheapies on him, as he is not used to them yet and he pulls them out and destroys them by eating them lol

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Sometimes when we go out to the park, or a ballgame I will put a bow in Brinkley's hair...but people make fun b/c he is a boy... <_<
I even bought "boy" bows. The one I usually put in is a baseball bow.
Anyway, his hair is not quite long enough, so it just sticks up in little spikes, and I have trouble getting the bow in withoug pulling his ears up too...he he. He tolerates them, but I know he prefers to be bowless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts