Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Maggie absolutely hates to wear bows. I picked her up from the groomers and the entire drive home she is pawing her head to get that bow off. She rubs her head all into the carpet at home and refuses to wear a bow (except if I am lucky for a split second for a cute photograph). What about your babies?

I am going to try some clothes but she sure didn't want to wear any pajamas last Christmas Eve. She pretzeled herself all up and it ended up half hanging off of one side of her. She's such a mess!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I just noticed you are from Raleigh, North Carolina just like me! Small world!

How old is Maggie? You can get her used to wearing bows and clothes. My Lady was rescued at age 4 and never wore bows or clothes before, but she's a diva now!

The best way to get her used to wearing a bow is to start with just an elastic band at first until she gets used to it, then move on to a bow. If you can get it in, then give her a chew or favorite toy to distract her, she'll forget about it and eventually get used to it.

The same with clothes. Start with something very comfortable, like a shirt (but maybe not in this hot weather!) The distract her with a walk, game, etc.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I started slowly with Lacey. Loose band in her hair...lots of praise and a favorite treat. She wears a bow everyday now with no problem.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
maybe start with clips in the hair and tank tops. so it doesnt feel like too much. i got sprite when she was 3 months old---and she's always wore t-shirts and sweaters and was fine with it. also make sure its cold when they wear it. like really cold...then they should appreciate the sweaters.

we also tried putting a sweater on gruffi---but he was always hot. LOL. he wears scarfs though...he loves it. we also tell him how really really cute he is

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Neither of my dogs like bows. At ALL! I wish Little C did because she looks so CUTE in them, but I respect her wishes as they certainly aren't necessary. As for clothes, Sir N is a clotheshorse. He LOVES them! He LOVES getting a new outfit. He LOVES going to a store and trying on everything they have and then prancing up and down the aisles in the ones he likes. He even has color preferences, though I'm not sure how that works. (He has two identical sweaters except one is red and the other green and he prefers the red.) Accordingly, his wardrobe is varied and extensive. Little C prefers to go entirely in the nude at all times. Most of the time, she gets her way. But, if she is shivering, the clothes go on. If she wants to take a walk outside in the snow and ice and the below freezing weather, the clothes and the snowsuit go on. If she is wearing clothes while in the house, she will refuse to play. She'll just lie there as if movement is too much to bear until I take her clothes off at night before bed. Then she races around like mad, practically shouting, "LOOK AT ME! I'M NAAAAAAAKED~!" Sir N simply waits for his pajamas to be put on him.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Scooby has never had a bow because hubby says he is a boy and boys don't wear bows, but he has numerous sweaters, coats and a snow suit and he loves wearing them all. He is so funny when we buy him a new outfit he has to put it on and do the parade so we can tell him how handsome he looks, and he strutts his stuff for us, it is so cute.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Mine love their bows and clothes!
Unfortunately, Shrek is an opportunist who uses the clothes to grab onto when they wrestle, and he has torn her prettiest dress- so I have been dressing Sylphide less and less.
They are very, very good about putting in their bows and their clothes - but just as quick to race around, wrestle, and mess them all up!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jul 26 2005, 09:10 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-babybinks22
@Jul 25 2005, 11:41 PM
LOVES clothes but hates the hair wear! 
www.divashop.com, drsfosterandsmith.com, moderntails.com, puppiaworld.com, pawandchic.com, oooh lots more!!!
love lei.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84506
Just to let you know www.divashop.com is run by a puppy broker.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84542
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie+Jul 26 2005, 09:06 AM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 26 2005, 09:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-babybinks22
@Jul 25 2005, 11:41 PM
LOVES clothes but hates the hair wear! 
www.divashop.com, drsfosterandsmith.com, moderntails.com, puppiaworld.com, pawandchic.com, oooh lots more!!!
love lei.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84506

Just to let you know www.divashop.com is run by a puppy broker.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84542

[/QUOTE]

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84574
[/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah. I will admit she has some cute stuff but I refuse to support her.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley likes to be naked...all natural!

Occasionally I will put a comfy shirt on him...but he "frowns" and people around here laugh at me.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Jul 25 2005, 05:31 PM
Neither of my dogs like bows.  At ALL!  I wish Little C did because she looks so CUTE in them, but I respect her wishes as they certainly aren't necessary.  As for clothes, Sir N is a clotheshorse.  He LOVES them!  He LOVES getting a new outfit.  He LOVES going to a store and trying on everything they have and then prancing up and down the aisles in the ones he likes.  He even has color preferences, though I'm not sure how that works.  (He has two identical sweaters except one is red and the other green and he prefers the red.)  Accordingly, his wardrobe is varied and extensive.  Little C prefers to go entirely in the nude at all times.  Most of the time, she gets her way.  But, if she is shivering, the clothes go on.  If she wants to take a walk outside in the snow and ice and the below freezing weather, the clothes and the snowsuit go  on.  If she is wearing clothes while in the house, she will refuse to play.  She'll just lie there as if movement is too much to bear until I take her clothes off at night before bed.  Then she races around like mad, practically shouting, "LOOK AT ME!  I'M NAAAAAAAKED~!"  Sir N simply waits for his pajamas to be put on him.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84415
[/QUOTE]

--thats so cute!!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Kodie hates bows too...
I will put a rubber band in his head and most of the time he tries to rub his head on the carpet to get it off too. I have been tryin to get kodie used to bows and rubber bands since I got him... and hes now 2yrs old. Maybe it just depends on the dog. Kodie doesnt mind clothing though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Jul 26 2005, 10:34 AM
Kodie hates bows too...
  I will put a rubber band in his head and most of the time he tries to rub his head on the carpet to get it off too.  I have been tryin to get kodie used to bows and rubber bands since I got him... and hes now 2yrs old.  Maybe it just depends on the dog.  Kodie doesnt mind clothing though.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84601
[/QUOTE]

Drill Sergeant hates clothes, uniforms, bows, ties, sweaters, anything that would be absolutely adorable on him.
On the other hand, I confess to being an "fashionista".

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I wouldnt say Sunny likes his bows and cloths but he puts up with them, he is soo spoiled I guess he figures if he wears the goofy stuff he will keeping getting to sleep in my bed and eat all sorts of good food lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
elmo hates clothes,when you put them on him he growls,and taking them off he attacks the jumpers and shakes them vigourously with his head,so needless to say that elmo just wears his fur

·
Registered
514 Posts
Originally posted by Kissyfur@Jul 25 2005, 06:29 AM
She rubs her head all into the carpet at home and refuses to wear a bow (except if I am lucky for a split second for a cute photograph).<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84232
[/QUOTE]
It's a malt instinct, isn't it?

Tyler hates his denim jacket bee costume, birthday hat, chinese dress, and especially his bee costume. He's okay with his camouflage jacket-maybe he knows he looks cool. :lol:

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

and you can see by my avatar that he wears clothes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.