Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker flies over where the hard floor and the carpet meet..like it is a big space or something lol
..and he runs around the living room too!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Will & Gracie don't act like that, but Brie runs around like a mad dog, hopping and jumping up on the sofa, running along it and jumping off the other end. She'll do this running in a circle. round the coffee table, up on the sofa, off the sofa, etc. She also likes to hop on our walks
Eventually she runs out of energy and plops down and she's out cold

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Scooby runs around with his toys, but he does tend to hop a little when we suggest a ride in the car, then he gets very excited and hops about flicking his tail and tucking his botton under, it looks so funny

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley hops sometimes when we are playing....it is funny!

But he often does the race-track run from room to room...up on the couch...up on the chair...and around and around again!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Just a suggestion, but if Lacey truly does hop when she runs, have your vet check her knees next time you're there. A hopping gait can be the sign of luxating patellas which are all too common in Maltese and other toy breed dogs.

"Early in the course of the disease, or in mildly affected animals, a hopping or skipping action occurs. This is due to the patella luxating while the dog is moving and by giving an extra hop or skip the dog extends its stifle and is often able to replace the patella until the next luxation, when the cycle repeats."

http://www.bhejei.com/health-patella.htm

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by lacey@Oct 18 2005, 06:43 PM
Like to hop or run around like they are racing? Ever since we got Daisy she likes to hop around like a rabbit!  :D  Also she'll just take off running around the living room like a maniac. Do any of yours do the same?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111026
[/QUOTE]

I thought only chelsey did that. She is a real hopper. She mostly does it when we take the food out or when she goes potty and she is done. I will ask her " all done" and she will start hopping to indicate yes. My husband saw me do that once and said what are you doing. Well making sure she is done. I ask her and she alway reply by doing her little dance. If ther is no dancing then she is not finshed yet. He gave me the blank look
, now he does it too.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Baby Gizmo does the same thing. I love to watch him make a race track out of our living room.
When we take him outside he hops around like a rabbit. It must just be a maltese trait. He also likes to be chased when he is out in the yard. He is just so funny!
My husband said we should have called him Bugsy for Bugs Bunny.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Paris does that too. She will even "meow" at me when she wants something and I'm not paying any attention to her. She cracks me up...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 19 2005, 07:51 AM
Just a suggestion, but if Lacey truly does hop when she runs, have your vet check her knees next time you're there. A hopping gait can be the sign of luxating patellas which are all too common in Maltese and other toy breed dogs.

"Early in the course of the disease, or in mildly affected animals, a hopping or skipping action occurs. This is due to the patella luxating while the dog is moving and by giving an extra hop or skip the dog extends its stifle and is often able to replace the patella until the next luxation, when the cycle repeats."

http://www.bhejei.com/health-patella.htm
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111230
[/QUOTE]

She doesn't do it all the time, but I will have him check out her knees. She's always been like this since she was 8 weeks old so I hope it's just her personality.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Tucker also races around the house up the couches and chairs like 100mph, lol. It's so funny to watch him round all the furniture so fast and never runs into anything. I think he also has an endless supply of energy. Sometimes when he does it, it gets quiet for a minute and then here he comes again. (he had to stop and get a drink of water and start all over again. its hilarious!)

Hey Paris, Tuck kinda does a meow type thing when he wants attention too.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by paris@Oct 19 2005, 08:52 AM
Paris does that too.  She will even "meow" at me when she wants something and I'm not paying any attention to her.  She cracks me up...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111301
[/QUOTE]
:eek: Oh my gosh Summer is doing that too. she sounds like a little baby crying

and yesterday she barked more than she ever has
She's acting really wierd lately

1 - 20 of 29 Posts