Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know when I first got Maggie she would sleep through the night soundly and I just breathed this big 'ole sigh of relief! hehee Because my last little Pom would wake me up throughout the wee hours of the morning to play. I mean she would DEMAND that I play with her. Welp....what do you know...Maggie is now doing the same. And, you can shut your eyes really tight and hold your breath like you are asleep and they KNOW you are awake and see them. hehehehehe! So she growls and digs and is now standing at the foot of the bed and then leaps through the air and lands on all four paws on my head and then I hear this cute little growl not even an inch from my ear. I figure I better play with her at that point. heheheheh! What about you all?

And, I do play like mad with her before bedtime...but I think she is just having too much fun getting spoiled slap rotten (as we say in the South) lol....and want's to play even more! :eek:)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tiki doesn't wake me up, but if we have been out late and he didn't get much play time in the evening, he will keep bringing me toys as I am falling asleep.... he puts them next to my head on the pillow and "huffs". when I ignore him he will go get another. Sometimes I fall asleep while he is doing this and I will wake up with a pile of doggy toys in my bed
Other times I just can't resist and we will play for a few minutes :D

Judi

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy pretty much sleeps through the whole night. I usually get up quite a few times during the night to use the bathroom and he'll wake up but as soon as I'm back in bed he usually goes right back to sleep. He rarely will wake me up, he usually lets me sleep as long as I want to, we always go back to sleep after my husband leaves for work.
But he is a punk to my husband, he never lets him sleep in on the weekends. I work on the weekends so I'm out of the house by 7 or so and Tuffy never will let my husband sleep after I'm gone, from what he tells me, Tuffy will immediately start jumping on his head and pawing his face to get him to wake up. He's a nut :lol:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Maxi only wakes me if he goes to the bathroom because he wants his butt wiped
other than that he is pretty good a few times this month he woke me to play because he basically slept through a good portion of the night and he wanted me up he is cute though he licks my face gently to get me to wake up

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley has good nights and bad nights. He doesn't ever want to play with us, he wants to play with the cats. <_<

Last night I was sick with fever...I think I have strep...anyway-I really wanted to sleep. I couldn't because of him and the cats. He now has no fear about jumping off our bed...so he gets up and wanders at night. We have to leave our door open b/c of the cat litter box and food in the back of the house. We gate the end of the hall and shut the bathroom doors and kids' doors. But the last couple nights he has been into the cat box.. :ph34r:

I cannot stand that! It completely grosses me out. I was so upset with him last night, and so wanted to sleep that I put him back in his kitchen. But soon he was barking LOUDLY so my husband went and brought him back. He only got down one more time after that. Maybe he sensed Mommy had had enough!? Anyway, so some nights are like this, and others he lays right down and goes right to sleep. I don't get it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm also gratefull that the girls sleep thought the entire night.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Maxi when he was just a baby say about 12 weeks or so every night he went through this biting frenzy with me it would only last about 10 minutes but he would all of a sudden freak on me and i was like whats up...now at 11 months he is doing it again he gets up from a peaceful position and goes bonkers so last night i picked him up and i looked at him i said NO NO NO NO NO no bite! he tried again and i said off the bed right now and than he stopped but i know tonight he will do it again does anyone know what this means

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom@Aug 23 2004, 03:24 PM
he stopped but i know tonight he will do it again does anyone know what this means
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=7460
[/QUOTE]

he wants your spot :lol:

Do your pooches wake you up at night to play?[/B]
haha, mine sleep when we sleep, any time of the day, they are really confused right now, I work days and Kim just started nights a couple of weeks ago, so they sllep all day and all night just about

J

·
0 Posts
Lacey goes to bed everynight at 10. It is something to watch. She goes to the end of the couch and falls asleep. Doesn't mattter what is going on around her. I go to sleep about 10:30 but hubby stays up most nights until midnight. He usually falls asleep on the couch and comes to bed about 1. Lacey likes to sleep in her crate so he wakes her up and she stumbles into her crate and falls down and goes back to sleep. She still doesn't sleep with us. Can't wait until she does but right now she likes to sleep in her crate and have her piddle pad close so she can use once in the middle of the night. Hubby wants her to sleep with us and we tried once but she wanted to play with us and the cats. Both cats also sleep with us. We are going to need a bigger bed soon...it is getting hard to find any room to sleep.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Pico is a sleeper. When I say "Ready to go nite-nite?" around 9:30 or 10:00, he walks over and into his crate and waits for his "kitty" and cheerios. My husband takes him out to pee around 3 or 4 am and then into bed with us. After a bit of kisses for me, scratching and licking for himself, he jumps up onto the body pillow I sleep with and curls up against me and goes fast asleep until 6 am. It is absolutely time to get up then and he woofs at me until I do.

Like Toby, I think Pico knows I take my sleeptime seriously. They really do adapt to our lives, don't they? Or is it the other way around?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Joe+Aug 23 2004, 07:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Maxismom
@Aug 23 2004, 03:24 PM
he stopped but i know tonight he will do it again does anyone know what this means
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=7460
he wants your spot :lol:

Do your pooches wake you up at night to play?[/B]
haha, mine sleep when we sleep, any time of the day, they are really confused right now, I work days and Kim just started nights a couple of weeks ago, so they sllep all day and all night just about

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=7500
[/B][/QUOTE]

your right Joe thats exactly what he wants because the minute i get up to go get something he is in my spot lol how funny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts