Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we've tried the topknots and I'm coming to face that I hate doing it and Abbey hates wearing them (at least every day!)
Does anyone have pictures of their maltese in a hairstyle without topknots? All I seem to find is puppy pictures. Is it possibly to get a haircut that will leave enough for occassional topknot (fountain) and down the rest of the time? I really want Abbey to have a rounded even face - Does that make sense? Someone suggested teddybear face to me but I'm not sure how I'll explain that to the groomer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated by me and Abbey (who would love to see topknots outlawed!!).

· Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They all look so cute! Now I know she can still have the longer ears and have the top of her head shorter, which is probably what I will do. I have been using the little elastic bands that my girls use, they're very tiny but I still have to wrap them around like 4xs to get it to stay in Abbey's hair (which is very hard to do while she's wiggling)

Mystify79- What kind of little clips are they? I have tried the squeeze clips but Abbey just scratches them right out.

Thanks for all your pictures! I'm glad I found this site - You are all very helpful!

· Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank you all so much!! I feel better now. I like the topknots and would like to do them sometimes - just not everyday. Now I know Abbey and I can have the best of both worlds!
And I have some great pictures to take to the groomer next time. As soon as I find a New groomer - but that's another dilemna!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.