Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,040 Posts
I keep Chloe in a non-traditional style
since I like her to have bangs. So I keep her in a puppy-cut and use the plastic barrettes meant for little girls. I used to use the groomer's bands but those were a hassle so I decided to try the barrettes on a whim and they are easy and work beautifully.

Here's a photo

· Registered
1,789 Posts
Originally posted by Abbey@May 16 2005, 08:25 PM
They all look so cute!  Now I know she can still have the longer ears and have the Mystify79- What kind of little clips are they?  I have tried the squeeze clips but Abbey just scratches them right out.  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62764
[/QUOTE]
The ones that work the best on Pixie are the Sam Goody brand mini clips for "thick" hair. They really grip.. my trick is to get the hair into a little bunch and then I twirl it around and make sure the clip grips part of the little hair bunch instead of just encircling the hair, that makes it stay in better. But I still have to take it out whenever Pixie is by herself because she will eventually be able to get it out and then she destroys the clips to make sure I know what she thinks about me putting clips in her hair.

· Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@May 17 2005, 09:18 AM
Ok, I tried a topknot on Lexi last night.  It  only lasted 30 minutes or so before she got it out.  But I was able to take some pictures: Lexi's Topknot
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62844
[/QUOTE]

I think that Lexi is one of the prettiest Maltese. (though I am still partial to Lamby. Heeheee) Her eyes are soooo white. What is your secret???

Anyway - My havanese Chewy doesn't wear top knots. I divide the hair down the middle and braid the sections. Havanese have long silky hair and I can get several days out of the braids. Plus he doesn't have all that weight. Now my little Winnie Josefina wears nothing but topknots and girly bows. Heeeeeeheeeee! Chewy wears the topknots if I want him too, but he plays HARD outside and they tend not to last. FOr x-mas though they will ALL have matching bows.
Can't wait for that christmas card! MMMMMMMMMMuuuuhahahahhaa!

Robyn

· Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank you all so much!! I feel better now. I like the topknots and would like to do them sometimes - just not everyday. Now I know Abbey and I can have the best of both worlds!
And I have some great pictures to take to the groomer next time. As soon as I find a New groomer - but that's another dilemna!!

· Registered
7,310 Posts
Originally posted by CookieCat+May 17 2005, 07:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@May 17 2005, 09:18 AM
Ok, I tried a topknot on Lexi last night.  It  only lasted 30 minutes or so before she got it out.  But I was able to take some pictures: Lexi's Topknot
I think that Lexi is one of the prettiest Maltese. (though I am still partial to Lamby. Heeheee) Her eyes are soooo white. What is your secret???
Robyn
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63014
[/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks!

Honestly I don't do anything. The water in my town sucks so I buy bottled water for Lexi and me. Lexi gets bottled water that is meant for babies. She has a plastic water bottle in her pen and a big ceramic bowl of water in the kitchen. I feed her Innova dog food and she gets some turkey or lamb jerky (from a pet food store) for treats. I try to comb out any goobers when I notice them. Every so often I will cut the hair along her nose so that it doesn't poke her in the eyes. Beyond that I don't really do anything.

· Registered
3,868 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+May 18 2005, 10:07 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2005, 07:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@May 17 2005, 09:18 AM

Robyn
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63014

[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

Honestly I don't do anything. The water in my town sucks so I buy bottled water for Lexi and me. Lexi gets bottled water that is meant for babies. She has a plastic water bottle in her pen and a big ceramic bowl of water in the kitchen. I feed her Innova dog food and she gets some turkey or lamb jerky (from a pet food store) for treats. I try to comb out any goobers when I notice them. Every so often I will cut the hair along her nose so that it doesn't poke her in the eyes. Beyond that I don't really do anything.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63157
[/B][/QUOTE]
Awww!!! Lexi is tooo freaking cute!!!!! I love pic #5, she has this aww shucks kinda grin on her face

· Registered
272 Posts
<span style="font-family:Times">I just use those little snap on hair clips made for little girls on Peaches's bangs. They are not long enough yet to do a top knot, but they do cover her eyes making her look like a miniature old english sheep dog...
</span>

· Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by Abbey@May 16 2005, 03:25 PM
Okay, we've tried the topknots and I'm coming to face that I hate doing it and Abbey hates wearing them (at least every day!) 
  Does anyone have pictures of their maltese in a hairstyle without topknots? All I seem to find is puppy pictures. Is it possibly to get a haircut that will leave enough for occassional topknot (fountain) and down the rest of the time?  I really want Abbey to have a rounded even face - Does that make sense?  Someone suggested teddybear face to me but I'm not sure how I'll explain that to the groomer.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated by me and Abbey (who would love to see topknots outlawed!!).
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62626
[/QUOTE]

Bella doesn't like me putting in the top knots at all! She pulls away and makes it difficult to position the top knot appropriately. She is only 13 weeks old and her hair is on the shorter side. Maybe when it grows longer and she becomes more accustomed to me fixing her hair it will be easier-I hope so because all of you with the top knots on your babies make them lookk too cute!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.