Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why, but during the last week Deni has gotten into the habit of picking up her food bowl (sometimes with food still in it) and carrying it into the middle of the living room!! Her crate is in the living room and she has her meals in it although I don't close the door. To see a tiny one like her (1.9#) carrying a bowl that is physically about 1/3 her size is funny...but why does she do this?? Our Chi, Corky, used to push her bowl around but would never carry it around. DH has started calling her "Snoopy" because of this...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that is sooo cute. i met a guy who had a bichon that would do that.

all three are on scheduled feeding, so they never see their plates---unless they are eating. BUT....ellie will scratch at the water bowl if it gets empty. lol

·
Registered
994 Posts
how cute are these babies

i have to take maxi too chicken nibbles anoyomous all he wants is his nibbles
its a treat first he goes to his food tray and he gets his treat than he throws it around with his mouth runs after it and than eats it

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
When we were visiting my parents a month ago Lexi would carry around Oreo plastic double dish. It was so funny. Oh, course she never did it when I had the camera around.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My old peke used to do that, he would never touch a dog toy in his life but he went crazy playing with his food bowl, after looking all over the house I would find his food bowl someplace in the back yard lol. Sunny's bowls are in a little closed in stand so he couldnt really pick them up if he wanted to.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Baby Gizmo pulls his 1 gallon water bowl around when it is empty. We have found it in numerous places. We can't fill it up because he plays in the water. We just fill up the bowl part. My husband tells me that he thinks he is a duck sometimes.

The best one is when one night Baby Gizmo was at the bedroom door growling and woke my husband up. Well, my husband got up to see what he wanted and fell over the water bowl that Baby Gizmo put on his side of the bed.

Baby Gizmo wants water he will sure let you know.

·
Registered
226 Posts
tessa scratches at her water bowl when it is empty also! it's so funny! she also can carry a tennis ball in her mouth and run with it. she is 2 pounds! and the ball is bigger than her head! nothing can explain this except her sharp puppy teeth clamping down on the ball. it looks so funny!!!!

malts do the cutest things and it seems like they all have so much in common.

oh by the way, i think tessa fell in love today with the dog next door, it was so funny, she kept trying to make her way over to him slowly and with each step she would look at me to see if it was okay. she's such a cutie.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Thats adorable! Bella doesn't carry her bowl, but she eats her food one piece at a time and carries each piece into the living room and eats it on the ottoman in front of my chair. I tried putting her bowl there so she wouldn't have to go back and forth, but she didn't like that. I guess she likes to fit in her workout while shes eating
These babies are so cute.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that is sooo cute!!! ellie likes to eat under things (the coffee table, ottoman, chairs)....and if i move the plate closer to her, she just grabs the food and goes under something else to eat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts