Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a buckwheat/hemp bed for my luvies from the Olive online store. They specialize in organic, sustainable items for pets. I'm wondering if anyone here already has a bed like this for their fluff(s). I don't want any artificial material off gassing to possibly affect my pups so I am in the process of changing a lot of things in our home such as getting rid of the carpet, putting in wood floors with wool rugs and recovering furniture items in organic linen and cotton. Anyways, you know how our little ones like to dig around and prepare their nests for sleeping and the buckwheat bed appeals to me for the reason that it is moldable. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I have no experience with these types of beds, so I can only offer my opinion of how it is described on the site. Is it this one?

It looks good to me. Getting rid of toxic stuff around the house is always good for tiny fluffs.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Just make sure they can't get in to the filling material. I had a buckwheat pillow once and I don't recall it's comfort level.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no experience with these types of beds, so I can only offer my opinion of how it is described on the site. Is it this one?

It looks good to me. Getting rid of toxic stuff around the house is always good for tiny fluffs.
Yes, that is the one. It is a bit expensive which is why I wondered if anyone had any experience with it and if it was worth the money. Thanks for your positive vote!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just make sure they can't get in to the filling material. I had a buckwheat pillow once and I don't recall it's comfort level.
Very good point, thank you. My girls don't tend to be chewers, thank goodness. You know I remember the buckwheat pillow fad a few years too. Since I don't see them around anymore I wonder if that is a bad sign. I do want it to be comfortable for my puffs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts