Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Petsmart recently, I saw a blacklight for finding urine in your home. Has anyone used one of these? Do they work? I swear I smelled peepee the other day - but I didn't see anything...and no one is fessing up.

Don't really want to spend the $20 or whatever it was if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I bought one of those black lights whne I first adopted Lady and they really do work great. If you don't get the old pee stain out, it will continue to attract your dog back to the spot. I treated all the stains with Natures Miracle using the blacklight.

I have since loaned mine to my daughter and son-in-law (and haven't gotten it back!) who were having a problem with one of their dogs.

I saw a cordless, battery operated one called a "Stinkfinder" in a catalogue recent'y that was less expensive, I think. The fact that it is cordless would be a plus, too.

Here it is:

http://www.tailendpet.com/a-so2.html

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I also have one and they do work great!! I wish I had the cordless one that would be so much easier then dragging the cord around!! I think its worth the money though!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, guess I'll make the trek to Petsmart.....but I'll check the cordless one out first on the web site you gave me. Thanks. Wish we had a Petsmart closer - the only one around is a good 45 minutes away. I'm spoiled. I want everything close by (but I don't want traffic). I live in a shore area, each weekend brings more cars - yuk! :eek:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Petsmart may carry the Stinkfinder. I really think the cordless one would be easiest and, with the price of gas for a 45 minute trip, would probably be worth the shipping and handling to order.

BTW, I have never ordered from the link I posted. I just wanted you to see what the Stinkfinder was. You could do a search and price compare.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I would be afraid to use one of those...who knows what I'd find!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jun 2 2005, 10:12 AM
I would be afraid to use one of those...who knows what I'd find! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68038
[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking!!!!
What I can't see, can't hurt me or freak me out!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
It is pretty shocking the first time you use one! Like a crime scene from CSI!

Seriously, it will show all the urine stains. For the longest time when I would sit on my couch I'd smell pee, but couldn't find a puddle/stain. I got down on my hands and knees and sniffed, too! But once I turned the light off and used the black light, there it was, right by where I sit!

BTW, it will also show any spot where your cat has thrown up, etc. If you ever thought your carpet was clean, this will change your mind!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jun 2 2005, 10:21 AM

Seriously, it will show all the urine stains. For the longest time when I would sit on my couch I'd smell pee, but couldn't find a puddle/stain. I got down on my hands and knees and sniffed, too! But once I turned the light off and used the black light, there it was, right by where I sit!

BTW, it will also show any spot where your cat has thrown up, etc. If you ever thought your carpet was clean, this will change your mind!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68049
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, then I definetely don't need one!
I can't afford new carpet right now and that is what I would have to do if I saw all THOSE spots!
I just vacuum, steam clean, and TRY not to think about it!
We are all healthy and my house doesn't stink! :D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
yeah...the first time I used mine I was
--disgusted--it does show EVERYTHING...you just don't know what everything is ha ha
--but it sure helps when you can't find a "smell"

·
Registered
608 Posts
I would never sleep again. I would dream of those spots/stains. Obbsessive/Compulsive doesn't even begin to describe my cleaning tendancies.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jun 2 2005, 11:21 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68049
[/QUOTE]

I used one in my great room and spots showed up EVERYWHERE!!!! There is no way I can get rid of all of them... I just try and forget it and use a lot of spray and incense!!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by mee+Jun 2 2005, 01:21 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-puppylucy
@Jun 2 2005, 03:19 PM
<div class='quotemain'>has anybody used the stink finder on their bed and sheets???

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68243
[/B][/QUOTE]

i'll be so grossed out if i tried my bed and sheets and saw lots of stains on it....ewwwwww

jongee peed and vomited on my bed a lot...also taco too...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68244
[/B][/QUOTE]

ewwwwww

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
i got one for an old apartment as i was hoping to find any spots i could quickly clean up before move-out. nevermind the spots i saw, but what was hilarious was that they were in a perfect square....TOTALLY outlining a potty pad shape, LOLOLOL. i guess i was pretty consistent in where i laid the pads down LOL

but yeah, the first time you use one, you totally want to die. LOL

my favorite carpet cleaner right now is woolite's "oxy deep". it works FABULOUS on cheap, crappy "apartment carpet"!! i highly recommend it for people who live in apartments and have the standard beige-grey crappy quality carpet that they tend to have. it works great on it!!!

ann marie and the "hahaha you only THINK you've found all the spots!!! bwahahahahaha!!!" buttercup

1 - 20 of 23 Posts