Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is like really ridiculous about when i discuss maxi
it really annoys me and i told her off today . I was like what is your problem about me discussing my baby . She was like i just feel that you put everything into your dog i was short of telling her or actually i basically did tell her to go F herself. I can't believe that there people like this, my best friends live in boyfriend acts the same way about her dog his jealously is so sick they almost have broken up over it. My boyfriend also displayed a bit of jealousy but it was short lived. Do others have this problem with people, my friend's boyfriend the one im speaking about is so nice to maxi and my friend is the one that came with me to buy maxi so it really annoys me that she trivializes stuff

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I don't have jealous friends, just ones that think I am goofy for treating my dog somewhat like a child. Like not wanting to board him while we go out of town for the night...and me freaking out when my overnight babysitter-(for the dog and the kids) cancelled 2 nights before the concert!!!! Well, she didn't exactly cancel, she just wants to keep the kids at her apartment-because her sister is out of town, and she needs to watch her own dogs. Anyway, long story, but that was the whole reason I asked her, so that she could be at my house with MY dog. Geesh!
So, now I am searching for another sitter, and people think I am nuts for being so upset about leaving him alone for the first time all night.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I don't have any jealous friends, only one jealous neice. She told mom that she use to get lots of stuff from auntie before I got Puddles. Well, the very next day Puddles sent her a present and all is well now.

My girls at work are always laughing at me. They really had a hay day when I told them about his new coat for the winter. Several have even bought him presents like bones and toys.

I say, if any one is really jealous....they can jump in a lake!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
No, we dont have any jealous friends. We do have friends that think we are nuts the way we act like Caesar is our baby. They really get a kick out of my husband referring to Caesar as his son or referring to himself as Daddy. :D That friend of yours must have never connected to a dog like we all have with these little guys. I would have never guessed a dog could bring so much affection, love, and life to a home.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Maxismom, I can unfortuntely relate VERY WELL! My own fiance was extremely jealous of Brit'ny because I treat her like a human and I am over-protective of her! He was afraid that I love her more than him. THANK GOD it is over now, I just assured him that the love for Brit'ny, although strong, is a different love than what I have for him. Its kinda like how you love your kids and love your husband, there is no comparison so there is no "I love so and so better". But he would get really angry and not play with her while I was away. Now he plays with her and takes her out. I purchased a "Daddy's Little Girl" shirt so I can make him feel like we are a team raising Brit'ny.

Other than that people just tease me about spoiling Brit'ny, but hey thats one of the main reasons why I got her! I wanted someone to take care of, love, and show affection to. BUT I didn't want kids, so this my child replacement! I waited a long time for her and she is going to be SPOILED ROTTEN! :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Brit's mom
Love the idea about the 'Daddy's little Girl' shirt. That was very smart !
When my hubby is talking to Sassi he will refer to me as mommy. Like, he will say "go have mommy give you a treat". Now the first time he did that I just about lost it....have never been a dog's mom. But now it seems natural.
Since all of the kids are grown and have families of their own, I sit here in my Empty Nest and snuggle my little GIRL, and love every minute of it. :lol:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i agree i treat my maxi like he is my baby and don't really care who thinks its weird as long as its not weird to me i could care less
Maxi will be 1 years old on september 16th !

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
well, i think i told a lot of you about how my moms sister (my aunt) and her step daughter are totally jealous. like they found out how much we spent on sprite and ellie and thought that was just wayy too much. and then they assumed that we paid A LOT of money for gruffi...even after we told her that he was free. :wacko: they make me sick. and eventhough they're family, we dont talk to them. not because of the dogs...there was other drama. lol. but its like you can find new friends. i tell strangers about the dogs and if they seem like they're jealous or think that they're too cool for me--then i ignore them. which is funny too because this girl is nice to me one day and ignores me other days (just so happens that she's nice to me during Chemistry lab days). i was sooo mad. so i ingore her and i pretend i dont see her when she smiles. lol. you can make new friends!! fellow dog lovers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only jealously with my friends and family is how they would love to be one of my dogs and live with us!! Ours have been all over the US with us (we have been rving for years so our pets can go with us) so most everyone wants to be one of the "kids" so they can go too!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
The only one who's really jealous of Boom is my husband's aunt.

She has a full bred doxin and when we got our pup my inlaws started spending more time with Boom and hardly any with Omni. She will do ANYTHING she can to bribe us over to play with Omni. she will NOT play with Boom and likes to try to find things to complain about him to us. She has however been heard sayin he's cute.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I haven't noticed any jealousy from my friends, they all love Tuffy. But one thing I have noticed is some rude attitudes from just random people. There was some snippy lady at Petsmart who remarked that she didn't like little dogs because they yap too much and blah blah. I so had to hold myself back from saying something like, well I dislike people who make rude comments about my dog because they yap too much. But I bit my tongue and didn't say anything. It really amazes me how people feel they can make a rude comment like that to my face rather than just keep their rudeness to themselves. Well, pooh on them, I like my dog better than them anyways and he's better behaved too.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
There was some snippy lady at Petsmart who remarked that she didn't like little dogs because they yap too much and blah blah.[/B]
mystify79....you should have told her that you hate snippy ladies b/c they yap more than your dog!

Anyway, I truly love my babies TOO much. I'm especially attached to ButterCloud (the baby in the bandana). Before him, I had 2 supposed best friends hurt me badly. I sorta hated people for some time. My bf got Cloud for me at the perfect time because I was just not happy. But, I think because of what I've been through, my babies deserve more out of me than pretty much anybody. They're my babies. So screw jealous people. They're probably mad because you're happier and you get more love than they get. HAHA...I'm talking trash.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
A lot of people think its strange how i wash Sunny's feet off when he goes in the dirt or to the bathroom but i dont let it bother me that much

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i like sunnys dogster page!! my co-worker was saying that her son wants a dog, but she's allergic and she starts looking at these dogs who are non-allergenic. like west highland and dachsund and a few others--i was like, "youre not allergic of sprite and ellie" and shes was like "im not getting a maltese". ?!?
maltese are the best!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts