Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
838 Posts
I am a small breeder too, but I never intended to be a breeder.(I don't like the word Breeder) I DON'T BREED FOR THE MONEY this is not the way I make my living. I do breed to improve the quality of my fur kidz even though I am not in the showing end of the dill. But I feel like I have some show quality dogs as well. I bought my first Maltese in 2000 an I fell so much in love with my first I had to have more. I wanted to bless other families with maltese at a reasonable price that a normal person like myself could afford. I have found out the hard way how dirty breeders are. I drove over 20 hrs to PA to purchase four show qualty so called dogs had laid over 2 gran in the ladies hand befor I got there plus laid more money in her hand these dogs I paid show quality prices for an got a good screwing let me tell you.(These dogs was not cheap an mine looked better then these as they got older I seen) was promised breeding rights an AKC papers(I never got papers at all on them) an I beleived this lady, boy was I fooled that women became the lady from H------- plus she stole two of my dogs that she was to sell for me that I took there cause she led me to beleive PA gets so much more $ for there dogs then Oklahoma well(I trusted this lady) I was screwed on that I never got a dime out of those two dogs ither.(I worry about my babies where they are at an if they are ok all the time) Made this lady over 13 dog dresses an over 20 dog beds an she did this to me I don't ever like to even say I am a breeder after the screwing I got from that lady. Later found out she is in a law suit now with other wrong doings I hope she gets all her dogs taken away from her she don't deserve one dog if she is treating others like this no way can she love her fur kidz to treat others like this.(this is her only income an if I had to treat people like this to make a living I would go get me a real job before I could do that I have a big heart an never could I treat people like she did me) People can call me a BYB so be it I am not in it for the money I am doing it cause these maltese has brought me so much happines an I want to share that to other families at a affordable price.( I have placed few babies at no charge cause I new they could not afford one an new I could see them all the time) None of my kids liive in cages all them live under our feet an it is a very clean inviroment these fur kidz are my human kidz they are my life. Sorry this was so long but it upsets me to hear B Y B I am not one of those sure there might be some that are but that is not myself. Just my exsperience I have had wanted to share!
Teaco

· Registered
838 Posts
I am a small breeder too, but I never intended to be a breeder.(I don't like the word Breeder) I DON'T BREED FOR THE MONEY this is not the way I make my living. I do breed to improve the quality of my fur kidz even though I am not in the showing end of the dill. But I feel like I have some show quality dogs as well. I bought my first Maltese in 2000 an I fell so much in love with my first I had to have more. I wanted to bless other families with maltese at a reasonable price that a normal person like myself could afford. I have found out the hard way how dirty breeders are. I drove over 20 hrs to PA to purchase four show qualty so called dogs had laid over 2 gran in the ladies hand befor I got there plus laid more money in her hand these dogs I paid show quality prices for an got a good screwing let me tell you.(These dogs was not cheap an mine looked better then these as they got older I seen) was promised breeding rights an AKC papers(I never got papers at all on them) an I beleived this lady, boy was I fooled that women became the lady from H-------

Teaco,
What age were the "show quality pups" you purchased from this lady? Also, who did the evaluation on them prior to your purchase?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48623
They was about 14 wks old. As far as I new the evalution was done by the breeder and another lady that she used her stud. This breeder promised me AKC papers an breeding rights an I never got them called her an called her kept saying they was on the way nothing she got so ugly with me on the phone she as even much lied said she never had my two dogs I left I was taken for over 6 gran from this lady. I know in my heart I never got the 1600 dollar dog that she said I got like she said I was to get. I can't beleive breeders are this ugly an dishonest . I can't imagine treating anybody like she did me an as I have learned from others she has done this to other people. I have gotten allot wiser an not near as trusting when it comes to buying a maltese. I am one that had to learn the hard way an a very exspency lesson at that. Needless to say I love the dogs allot wouldn't take them back to that lady for all the money in China cause I could not place them in her hand to be baby making machines. Maybe someday who knows I might get into the show part of it but that will be sometime down the road. I have allot to learn about these maltese I dont' think a person can learn it all but I am the first to admitt I have learned allot after that ordeal that happened over a yr ago. I was about to give up but I had one lady that purchased one of my boys that said don't let people like that stand in in your way follow your dreams, and she would not of gotten her little son that brightens her life if I would of gave up. People like her kept my spirits up. I will never breed for the money I do it cause I love my fur kidz so much an only raise a few litters a yr. Nothing more beautiful then to see that little life coming in the world that is the best part of it.
I will end for now. Lesson well learned.
Teaco

· Registered
838 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo+Apr 3 2005, 02:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Teaco
@Apr 3 2005, 07:13 AM
I drove over 20 hrs to PA to purchase four show qualty so called dogs had laid over 2 gran in the ladies hand befor I...
Hi Teaco,
Wow...we are talking about the same woman. What a small world this is
I think I know who you are and I am pretty sure you figured out who I am since I don't hide my identity online. It is a terrible thing what happened to you. I hope the current situation resolves quickly and the other breeder gets her puppy back.

I would not consider someone who bred 1 litter with two show potentials a show breeder. They have yet to prove themselves (my humble opinion). In the past, I have been offered a puppy from them and I ran fast.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48580
[/B][/QUOTE]
YEs you figured me out, small world I think I do know who you are or I should say I have heard about you an all good. I hope an pray she gets her baby back soon very soon that lady don't deserve that puppy for nothing she is one sick women an sico lady. Charm, I have learned the hard way but I was not very educated when I purchase the four maltese but let me tell you didn't take me long after that to get my guards up never new breeders could be this dishonest people like that ruin the name breeder is so sad. No way could I make a living off selling dogs how sick when people do that an use them as baby machines. Those poor babies my heart goes out to them. I would die to own one of those babies from WV gosh why couldn't I met her first. Maybe someday I can that would be a dream come true. Even if it was not show quality would be wonderful not sure I have the time for showing just would love to go to one show in my life time that would be so exciting to see all those beautiful maltese. Take care an yes you picked me out who I am.
Teaco Nanny's babies
here is some of my babies not to bad for a BYB I didn't think

· Registered
838 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Apr 4 2005, 06:25 PM
Teaco,
Do you do genetic tests on your breeding male and female?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48944
[/QUOTE]
No I have never done that. I have allot to learn I will be the first to admit that. I just hate when breeders sees somebody like myself come there way see that they have $ an all they can do is fill you full of lies an as myself I was not very educatedand talk about a night mare from that breeder it was. I would of never imagine in my life time people are that cruel an dishonest just over a dog sale all they cared was the money an as soon as the money all the money I should say hit her hand she became the women from H-------- like night to day. I have learned an from a very hard way but be the first to say I have allot more to learn about the maltese breed. I don'tt make my living raiseing dogs I have all my maltese cause I fell so much in love with them I couldn't stop at one. . Ok I have rattled way to much but good point on the genetic tests that will be in my thoughts an process in the future. Thanks for bringing that up.
Teaco

· Registered
838 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Apr 5 2005, 10:34 AM
Teaco,
I see that you are at least trying to learn so don't take this the wrong way.
You are breeding your dogs (who you got from a bad breeder so you may be breeding bad dogs) without genetic testing and your reason for breeding is so that your family and friends can have a cute dog like yours without having to pay that much.  This is a back yard breeder.  You ARE a back yard breeder.  BUT since you want to learn and you are here it shows that you want to be a real reputable breeder.  That's the first step.  So before you breed again I suggest you find a reputable breeder (who shows) to become your mentor.  Go with them to shows, help them when it's whelping time (even though you have already done this it's good to see someone else do it too).  Help them groom their dogs and take care of them.  Learn from her/him.  If they are a good breeder they will take you under their wing and show you the ropes so that you can become a reputable breeder like them.  And please don't breed again until you have done genetic testing and your breeding dogs have been given the ok to breed.  If you really want to better the breed then you will do these things. 
I am not saying you are a puppy mill because you are not, I am just saying that since you have a long way to go to becoming a reputable breeder, maybe you should stop breeding until you are really ready.  You got to start somewhere but that somewhere can be a better place then where you started before.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49208
[/QUOTE]

Oh I appricuate all the info but those four dogs I got from the lady from H---- I have not bred them at all. I have other females an males from breeders in my state that has helped me but not in the show part of it. I have not bred any of the dogs without AKC papers I was promised . I wished I new a show breeder an hope to find one in the near future. What I have learned I had better looking dogs then the ones I drove many hours to purchased but I have also learned I feel like allot more now. What to look for, my dream would be is to take a baby I raised with no champ. back ground an get that back ground. Those Champ. back grounds we all know has had to start from somewhere. That is just a dream I would like to happen not that it will ever but I have been around cattle, horses, pigs worked around animals all my life I am just animal lover an found my love of my life when it came to these maltese. Yes I know all breeders aren't bad they can't be I just so by chance ran across one that was bad but I have to keep my head up an not give up. I know I need allot of help an guidence in raising a good line. I thank everybody for all the help I am all ears. I love my dogs if I never had another puppy again these fur balls are my strength.
Teaco

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.