Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

· Registered
9,271 Posts
Leg lifting is both behavioral and instinctual. Marking will get started as a doggy way or declaring territory (both males and females do it, but intact males with those hormones are the worst), often after another dog has marked a spot. Having said that, a dog that is not permitted to do so will not. It is a housebreaking issue when they mark in the house. I know of plenty of breeders with stud dogs who do not mark in the house ever. I've had plenty of intact males in the house including a Maltese. I never let them start the behavior so we had no problems. If you aren't actively house training your dogs and you have 15, of course they'll urinate all over the place. It is a dog thing, not a toy breed thing. I think most large breed people simply don't tolerate it.

· Registered
605 Posts
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins+Apr 8 2005, 06:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina
@Apr 7 2005, 07:52 PM

Tunder and River are half brothers not father and son they are both out of Ch Jo-San's Sweet Thundr N' Lighten.  Tunder's mom is Ch Rhapsody's Wind Of Victory.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50317
I just checked with my friend, her little boys background is :

His father is Tamar's Thunder Boomer (Tammy called him River). His complete title is Champion Jo-San's Sweet Thundr N' Lighten X Tamar's Wheel of Fortune. He finished his championship at just 1 yr and 2 days old. His first litter of pups was 3 girls and 1 boy (my Wrigs). Wrigley's mother's name is or was Chrissy. I don't think she was shown in the ring.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50673
[/B][/QUOTE]

You can see pictures here of both River and Tunder....

http://www.jvlnet.com/~thauptman/guys.htm

· Registered
824 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Apr 8 2005, 03:28 PM
Sis lifts one back paw too!!  She HATES to get her feet wet and when she does she will lay right down until you get the baby wipes and wipe/dry her off.  LOL

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50653
[/QUOTE]
:eek: oh my gosh Summer lifts her leg to she always gets one wet
will step in it at the last minute :lol: but sit right down and cleans her self such a lady our Summer

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.