Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone explain this to me a bit better .

http://www.petfirsthealthcare.com/plans/coverage.aspx

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
I just did a quick look at it, I don't know how much the premiums would be or anything, but I would not choose it because they don't cover congenital or chronic conditions (chronic being something that happened in the last policy year would then be considered pre-existing and not covered the new policy year) without paying a large amount of money - an extra $50 a month, and that's per incident limit. What that limit would be would probably depend on the plan, but basically they will only pay out so much per year per problem.
See 11 and 12 here: Pet Insurance Exclusions| PetFirst Coverage Exclusions| Pet Insurance Exception | PetFirst Healthcare
See the 3rd one here: Pet Insurance Riders | Pet Insurance Add-Ons | Increase Your Pet Insurance Coverage | PetFirst Healthcare

I got Perri's policy through Petplan several years ago after researching the different companies. I remember the only other company I considered was called Embrace, but can't remember why I chose Petplan over it without going and looking at Embrace again. So check out Petplan, and if you want I can send you the link to my policy docs where it outlines all the details and fine print if you are interested. But whatever company you go with, now is the time to get it for Dolce while he is still young and healthy and doesn't have pre-existing conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts