Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of Joe's banner ads was for a Puppy Purse and I clicked through to see what it was and it looks to me as though the puppy is the purse!

Goodness, wouldn't it be difficult to be discreet carrying your furbaby like this? And doesn't it look kind of awkward and wierd to have his little body just all hanging out like that?

Maybe it's just great but it looks odd to me.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yep lots of people are using them. I'm not to found of them myself .. just does not seem safe to me. I'm sure they are but with my luck somthing would get loose.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i thought about making one...cause it looks simple...i cut some material and made the 4 holes in it. when i put parker in it he didnt appear to like it too much, so i didnt pursue it. he doesnt like to be suspended in the air..he feels very insecure. so i guess it depends on the pup if they will like it. i think it is too expensive for what it is.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have to agree with Lady Montava about the dogs being suspended... I know Tavish would feel way too insecure to be in one of those "bags". And I think it would hurt the tops of their little legs... wouldn't it chafe a bit? Tavish doesn't even like to be carried facing forward. He likes to be right up against my chest with his furry head on my shoulder. Everyone loves to hold him, because it feels like he is giving you a hug when he has one little paw on each side of your neck. He'd have a heart attack if I strapped him to my waist like he was a fanny bag.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Tavish@Feb 24 2005, 08:36 PM
I have to agree with Lady Montava about the dogs being suspended... I know Tavish would feel way too insecure to be in one of those "bags". And I think it would hurt the tops of their little legs... wouldn't it chafe a bit? Tavish doesn't even like to be carried facing forward. He likes to be right up against my chest with his furry head on my shoulder. Everyone loves to hold him, because it feels like he is giving you a hug when he has one little paw on each side of your neck. He'd have a heart attack if I strapped him to my waist like he was a fanny bag.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37568
[/QUOTE]
Catcher is the same way. If I carry him forward, he'll flip himself around immediately. I must say thought that when he was a young puppy I had one of those carriers that you put their paws in and strap it to your chest and carry them forward and he did fine with that, in fact he seemed to like it. But when hand carrying him, it's against my chest all the time as far as he's concerned. I'm not sure how he'd feel about the Puppy Purse.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Nicole posted one similar to that in another thread..her picture was blue gingham or something I think...
It was cute...but I don't think Brink would like it either.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My opinion?? I think it is just plain SICK. This goes back to the mentality that these small breed dogs are an "accessory". Hellllllllloooooooo....these little pups are our companions and members of our families. This type of product further perpetuates the mindset that these dogs are "toys". Let's remember Paris and Britney !!! Sorry.......it upsets me.....

·
Registered
568 Posts
Looks to me like their little legs would fall asleep,hanging like that for a long period of time would have to be hard on the legs.Wouldn't it seem?I think I'll stick to my Puchi bag

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Feb 25 2005, 11:11 AM
My opinion??  I think it is just plain SICK.  This goes back to the mentality that these small breed dogs are an "accessory".  Hellllllllloooooooo....these little pups are our companions and members of our families.  This type of product further perpetuates the mindset that these dogs are "toys".  Let's remember Paris and Britney !!!  Sorry.......it upsets me.....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37669
[/QUOTE]

I was just about to say exactly that! It's just another way to make these little cuties an accessory! They aren't a purse and shouldn't be treated like a purse. A purser is an accessory not a dog!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
i'm not gettin one of those even though kodie is only around 3lbs... i just think it looks painful. Kodie likes to be held by me... me holding his little butt... he also has a few floating ribs... and two of those stick out (it feel nasty to touch them... like your afraid if you touch too hard it will break the skin)... i think i would be a parnoid mother and think that the ribs will break the skin after being pressed like that. Wouldnt that be alot of pressure in certain areas and could hurt a real boney dog? (like when our foot falls asleep after sitting on a leg or something?!
)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have one (the denim one with the beads) and Chloe loves it. However Chloe *hates* all of the other carriers. She will tolerate the Kelle Tote that I have for airplane travel, but it isn't her favorite thing in the world. She has to be contained because she tries to climb out no matter what we've tried, so I don't use any of the carriers where she can stick her head out.

I actually bought mine at a pet show/fair where I was actually able to try it on her and see it on the other dogs. If it hadn't been for that I don't think I would have warmed up to the idea. It was a great alternative because she kept trying to fly out of the Bali carrier I had for her.

I'm super protective like the mom's here
and this has never caused a problem for us. In fact I was at a pet-store and I noticed that there are others now (another brand) which are padded.

And yes - it *does* look weird.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I agree the owners of Puppy Purse are very nice and the purses are very well made. The quality is high and I have been happy with it. My only issue is that it was not a suitable alternative for Sparkle. Her long hair made it difficult for me to do up the velcro. I also probably got a size a little too big because she is stretched a little when I put her legs in. I tired it for Cookie who was a little too long and it made her back rouched.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts