Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I don't know about finding out about licenses but RUN from this guy!!!!!!!! JESUS! My doctor won't even let other doctors at his practice re-issue my prescriptions. He has to see me first and make sure that I need it, and it doesn't need to be adjusted.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I agree RUN!!! I would contact your insurance company and report your concerns about him.

I would ask around and see if anyone has a doctor they like that is on your plan. Maybe even ask your old doctor if he could refer you to an HMO doctor.

My company has some nurses working for us. I sent her your post and asked her about it. I'll let you know what she says.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Here is my IM from the nurse:
krististeuer: is that even legal???
krististeuer: i told her to run and find a new doctor
Lisa Muegganberg: Well yes, Are you sure he isn't a PA?
krististeuer: she was told he was a doctor
krististeuer: she hasn't seen a license or anything though
Lisa Muegganberg: By who?
krististeuer: it was in her insurance book
Lisa Muegganberg: that is all too wierd. What state does she live in?
krististeuer: IL i think
krististeuer: around chicago
krististeuer: i'm checking to be sure
Lisa Muegganberg: She needs to contact the American Medical Assoc and check him out.
krististeuer: ok thanks[/B]
Here is the link to the American Medical Association

·
Registered
894 Posts
Please, please do not EVER go back to this guy again!! Call their office and ask for copies of your medical records....you will most likely have to pay for them. Check them carefully to see what the "Dr's notes" were the 2 times that you were there. If you see ANYTHING in those notes that is not right bring it immediately to the attention of your Insurance Carrier.......Sounds like this guy may of lost his license at some point in time, is dodging a malpractice suit or is NOT A DOCTOR AT ALL......I would call your insurance company and let them know what you observed while there...... :new_Eyecrazy: eeee gadddds....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Just to let you know you can search for a physician on American Medical Association website. According to the site:
...provides information on virtually every licensed physician in the United States and its possessions, including more than 690,000 doctors of medicine (MD) and doctors of osteopathy or osteopathic medicine (DO).[/B]

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Sheesh! That sounds AWFUL! So suspicious! Let us know what you find out about him. Sounds so creepy to me!
But wouldn't something have to be on the up and up for him to be listed with your insurance? Is he listed with them in his name-or his daughters? Or did I miss that?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Mar 3 2005, 03:55 PM
Please, please do not EVER go back to this guy again!!  Call their office and ask for copies of your medical records....you will most likely have to pay for them.  Check them carefully to see what the "Dr's notes" were the 2 times that you were there.  If you see ANYTHING in those notes that is not right bring it immediately to the attention of your Insurance Carrier.......Sounds like this guy may of lost his license at some point in time, is dodging a malpractice suit or is NOT A DOCTOR AT ALL......I would call your insurance company and let them know what you observed while there...... :new_Eyecrazy:  eeee gadddds....... :eek:  :eek:  :eek:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39674
[/QUOTE]
I agree! :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
In Texas we have the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners where we can check out doctors. Maybe you have the same thing in your State.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yeah you shoudl report that and have it looked into, when i was little (like 6 or 7 maybe) i went to a pediatric dentist the guy was an idiot told my mom all my teeth would fall out before i was 10 (still got all my teeth, never even needed braces) when i switched dentists and tried to get my medical records he said he have never taken any of the x rays that he took....the guy went out of busness like year later

·
Registered
84 Posts
Whose name are they using to bill your insurance co.? IF He is using HER name that right there constitutes fraud... :eek: I am an administartor for a big practice and this sounds like trouble any way you look at it. I don't know if you have a copy of the bill with you but if not check with your insurance co..... if they billed under her name and you never saw HER.... well I don't even want to think what they are going to do with these people.
I hope you find another Dr. SOON>

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Mar 3 2005, 08:12 PM
Yeah you shoudl report that and have it looked into, when i was little (like 6 or 7 maybe) i went to a pediatric dentist the guy was an idiot told my mom all my teeth would fall out before i was 10 (still got all my teeth, never even needed braces) when i switched dentists and tried to get my medical records he said he have never taken any of the x rays that he took....the guy went out of busness like year later
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39729
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, something like that happened with my sister. He pulled her top "canines"? Your pointed top teeth? And she didn't have any to come in behind them. It messed up her mouth bad..and now she has to have a bridge. She prob would have lost them anyway, because they were baby teeth, but him pulling them when he did caused the probs or something.
I dont' know-it sounded familiar to your situation at the time I read it..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts