Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time Harry or Teddy pick up a toy, Ben wants it. He will cry and whine and jump, scratch, and beg like he will die of he doesn't get that toy. And he won't give up until he has it. For example, today I gave each boy a new toy. The toys are identical. Ben wants the one that Teddy has even though he has the same exact one right in front of him. Ted is on the couch with his toy and Ben is lying on the floor watching him, just waiting for that toy to drop..lol. He acts just like a spoiled two year-old. Anybody else have a spoiled brat furbaby at their house?

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Oh my goodness, Deb! Yes!!! I have one of those!!! :smilie_tischkante:

Miss Abbey always thinks someone else has something better than hers!!! Even when it comes to their dinner!!! She'll leave her bowl and try to steal someone elses food....all the bowls are identical!!! (well except for Archie's :innocent:)

She also knows where the treats are stored and she'll scratch on the door relentlessly until I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!! :w00t::blink:

The girl knows how to get what she wants and she uses it. When I dole out treats, she runs and hides hers and comes back to try to steal another one. She has always thought of herself as a princess....some things never change :huh:

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Both of mine do this! What is funny is to watch them with chew toys. They have identical ones and will be happily chewing away. Then Sweetness decides she wants the one Tessa has, a "tussle" ensues and Sweetness takes it away from Tessa. Tessa pouts for a minute or two, then starting chewing on the one Sweetness abandoned. After a few minutes, this scenario repeats. Sometimes it's Tessa who starts it as well. I think it's become just a game to them!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Oh my gosh, yes!!! Preston is just like that when I give them their bully sticks. He will bother London forever trying to get hers when they are the same. They always end up trading once because he will not give up.

They both do it somewhat to new toys...Christmas Day was crazy. LOL We got them the Hide-A-Squirrel toy and whichever squirrel they pulled out first was the one they both wanted...even though there were two more in the tree stump. LOL

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Yes - Lacie and Tilly, in particular do this. Tilly is the one that wants what everyone else has. And yes, they do the same as Sweetness and Tess with their chewies.

Tilly has a new game for Lacie -- who has yet to figure it out. If Lacie won't let Tilly have her toy or chewie, Tilly goes to the front door and starts barking as if someone is there. Then Lacie will go to the door to see what's going on. Well as soon as Lacie goes to the door, Tilly runs in the other room and takes Lacie's toy or chewie. This is really smart on Tilly's part, imho.

But they go with the flow and never really argue about stuff -- guess they know that there will be more where that one came from. :) I guess that each one believes that the grass just might be greener -- with someone else's toy or chewie. LOL

Secret is similar to her daughter Ava. She KNOWS that she will get whatever she wants just for asking (or not) and doesn't really care much for toys -- but you should see her with the treats. Same ritual as Miss (Princess) Ava. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!!!

Their antics make me smile and laugh and keep me happy. :)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
LOL, they all make me laugh...too funny. Lynn, Tilly is remarkably smart to figure out that scheme. Only a woman could do that, hee hee.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh my goodness, Deb! Yes!!! I have one of those!!! :smilie_tischkante:

Miss Abbey always thinks someone else has something better than hers!!! Even when it comes to their dinner!!! She'll leave her bowl and try to steal someone elses food....all the bowls are identical!!! (well except for Archie's :innocent:)

She also knows where the treats are stored and she'll scratch on the door relentlessly until I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!! :w00t::blink:

The girl knows how to get what she wants and she uses it. When I dole out treats, she runs and hides hers and comes back to try to steal another one. She has always thought of herself as a princess....some things never change :huh:

Well, Pat... Miss Ava is a princess, after all. She does deserve the best and she knows it. I like a woman who knows what she wants and knows how to get it...lol.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both of mine do this! What is funny is to watch them with chew toys. They have identical ones and will be happily chewing away. Then Sweetness decides she wants the one Tessa has, a "tussle" ensues and Sweetness takes it away from Tessa. Tessa pouts for a minute or two, then starting chewing on the one Sweetness abandoned. After a few minutes, this scenario repeats. Sometimes it's Tessa who starts it as well. I think it's become just a game to them!
Sounds just like my house.... glad I'm not the only one with a perennial toddler...lol.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh my gosh, yes!!! Preston is just like that when I give them their bully sticks. He will bother London forever trying to get hers when they are the same. They always end up trading once because he will not give up.

They both do it somewhat to new toys...Christmas Day was crazy. LOL We got them the Hide-A-Squirrel toy and whichever squirrel they pulled out first was the one they both wanted...even though there were two more in the tree stump. LOL
LOL! Trixie and Maggie do that too. Always thinks the other one has better stuff!
These babies are too funny.... and smart, too. Mine have the hide-a-squirrel, too and they do the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes - Lacie and Tilly, in particular do this. Tilly is the one that wants what everyone else has. And yes, they do the same as Sweetness and Tess with their chewies.

Tilly has a new game for Lacie -- who has yet to figure it out. If Lacie won't let Tilly have her toy or chewie, Tilly goes to the front door and starts barking as if someone is there. Then Lacie will go to the door to see what's going on. Well as soon as Lacie goes to the door, Tilly runs in the other room and takes Lacie's toy or chewie. This is really smart on Tilly's part, imho.

But they go with the flow and never really argue about stuff -- guess they know that there will be more where that one came from. :) I guess that each one believes that the grass just might be greener -- with someone else's toy or chewie. LOL

Secret is similar to her daughter Ava. She KNOWS that she will get whatever she wants just for asking (or not) and doesn't really care much for toys -- but you should see her with the treats. Same ritual as Miss (Princess) Ava. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!!!

Their antics make me smile and laugh and keep me happy. :)
Teddy tricks Benny that way too. He'll bark and then when Ben runs to join in, Ted will jump into Ben's bed or grab his toy. They are too smart and funny. I enjoy watching them too.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
LOLOL!!!! Guess the grass is always greener!!! Ours did that with their meals - we finally had to separate them in their own areas to make sure each was getting their fair share :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts