Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SIZE=1]Has anyone ever seen the "Fancy Feast" cat food commercial with Etta James singing "At Last"?....Bongo's full attention goes to the TV when that commercial comes on.

Yesterday I downloaded the song off of Itunes onto my computer and he now howls as soon as she starts singing. The only other times he howls is when we have company or sometimes when he's excited to see us.

Anyone know why he's doing this? It's really adorable!

Any more howler's out there?
[/SIZE]

·
Registered
802 Posts
Originally posted by shadow1062@Nov 18 2005, 10:45 PM
SIZE=1]Has anyone ever seen the "Fancy Feast" cat food commercial with Etta James singing "At Last"?....Bongo's full attention goes to the TV when that commercial comes on. 

Yesterday I downloaded the song off of Itunes onto my computer and he now howls as soon as she starts singing.  The only other times he howls is when we have company or sometimes when he's excited to see us.

Anyone know why he's doing this?  It's really adorable!

Any more howler's out there?
[/SIZE]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=121091
[/QUOTE]

That is so cute. I have no explanation for what makes them vocal, but if you say he howels when excited, then it's a happy howel.

My Max howels when I put him in the kitchen or his crate. It's not a happy howel.
He barks at the chinese dilivery man.

When I sing to him, he goes nuts...but, doesn't get vocal, just licks and nips my nose.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I can honestly say I have never heard Scooby howl, but I sure have heard him squeel and that is ear splitting. He does this when we are out in the car and one of us gets out to go into a store, and let me tell you it is very very painful on the ears. One would think we are doing something horrible to him when all he is saying it that he wants to go into the store with whoever is leaving him even though one of us is still right there with him. He is just tooooooo spoiled

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley howls at the weather alert radio we have.

Sometimes when we go to bed at night, he will just stand on hubby's chest and stare at the weather radio, wanting my husband to make the alarm go off.
It is such a pretty howl and he works so hard at it...it is really hilarious!
Someday I am going to have to video tape it...

·
Registered
802 Posts
the howl is adorable from these little guys. mine does the high pitch squeal like sound too when he is unhappy in the kitchen....yup the ears don't like it.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by MaxMommy@Nov 19 2005, 04:28 PM
the howl is adorable from these little guys.  mine does the high pitch squeal like sound too when he is unhappy in the kitchen....yup the ears don't like it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=121252
[/QUOTE]

Oh tell me about it, try it in the car some time it is ear splitting and the thing is people try to look in the car to see what we are doing to him I am sure.
The funny part is once the door has closed behind who ever is leaving he stops, it's like he is trying to get the attention of passers by to say look my mommy or daddy is going to leave and I am not allowed to go, perhaps if I squeal loud enough someone will feel sorry for me and take me in the store.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
ummm... i dunno if you want to call this a howl... but Kodie screams! :eek: It sounds like a bird screaming (a seagull screaming to be exact)... and he does it when i leave the room and hes in his pen... or when i leave the house at night to go out and he wants to come. I NEVER heard this sound before from a dog...

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Matilda hasn't howled yet, but yesterday we were going to go shopping, and our plan was to leave Muffy and Matilda for a few minutes. But Matilda had other plans, she ran over to me as I was getting ready to lock the truck door, and grabbed my blouse and wrapped her little paws around my neck. Needless to say I stayed in the truck and my husband did the shopping. SPOILED

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Buster and Sweet Pea howl when the doorbell rings. Sometimes my husband will go outside and ring the bell because he thinks its funny

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sometimes Bailey gets so excited when I come home that she gets up on the ottoman and howls at me :D Most of the time she has her tennis ball or moose in her mouth so it comes out all muffled. I also like to get her riled up so I start howling and she joins me. When she's almost done with her howl I see her peeking out of the corner of her eye to see if I'm going to howl again.. ow owwwwwwww (yes I am weird)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Tucker howls too...it is soooo funny. He started this when he spent the two weeks in the hospital. Now he howls every time he goes to the vet or groomers. I think he's afraid I'm leaving him for good. It was so funny at first, and we would start howling just to get him to do it. Now he does it for no apparent reason sometimes. And he will run around in perfect circles outside howling the whole time at the top of his lungs. And it sounds like he is in pain or something. The neighbors probably think we are killing him.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Kiwi howls when she is left alone or when she knows that we've just gotten home. We can't get the key in the door fast enough

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I used to have a sheltie that would howl to the song "Don't worry, Be Happy" and the old theme song to the Young and the Restless soap.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Both Angel and Tag howl when the phone rings. I can usually hear the first ring but after that the only thing you can hear are howls. It does come in handy though if you are away from the phone and wouldn't normally hear it , you can always hear the howling

·
Registered
195 Posts
Deni doesn't how at anything in particular, but when she wakes up first thing in the morning and I'm stumbling around trying to get a robe on (usually at about 4:30 AM), she does this little "Chewbacca howl" as if to say, "Hurry up Mom!! I'm awake why aren't you?" The howl really does sound like a softer version of the sound Chewy (on Star Wars) makes...kind of a rolling "Arrrrooooo." She'll also do it sometimes if I have her in my lap and I start doing the Chewy howl to her!

I guess I should add that I typically get up around 4:00-4:30 AM to get ready to go teach nursing clinicals or grade papers during the week. My two youngest, Deni and Ally, have gotten used to me getting up at that time that they now think that's the normal wakeup time...
It's hard to sleep in (on the days that I can) when you have two little dogs walking, playing mountain goat, and fluffbutt spit being lovingly spread all over your face!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts