Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dog car seat I'm going to try to sell for $30 plus shipping. If anyone is interested let me ASAP. Otherwise I will be posting it on Ebay. It was orginally $63 plus shipping. Lexi only used it a few times. It looks brand new.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@May 30 2005, 02:11 PM
Wow!  That's just like Pico's only I paid more than $63 for it so $30 is a real bargain.  Why does Lexi not like it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66922
[/QUOTE]
She jumps out of it and barks the entire time she is in it.

Oh, I lost the strap that you use to hook them in. You can buy extra straps on their website: Replacement straps Or you can get a strap just like it at PetSmart for about $10.

Edit: I found a car seat like this on Ebay and they are asking $41.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,614 Posts
I have the same seat for kodie. He just started that barking at cars thing... but otherwise he just hangs off the side and stares out the window.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by scrappy+May 31 2005, 10:04 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@May 31 2005, 11:56 PM
I have the same seat for kodie.  He just started that barking at cars thing... but otherwise he just hangs off the side and stares out the window.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67119

I still remember the cute pics of Kodie in his carseat. He looked so happy. I brought one over to Au from the states at christmas after seeing that pic.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67122
[/B][/QUOTE]
Really???!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
I have that one, also... I think I paid something like $85 for it!! I have a harness that has very wide "straps" and is lined in fake sheepskin that I put on Kallie when she's in it. That keeps her from jumping out, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Why are you selling it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@May 31 2005, 02:38 PM
Why are you selling it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67251
[/QUOTE]
Lexi doesn't like it. She barks at everything she sees. Which is fine if it is only every so often but 20 minutes of solid barking gives me a headache. I got a strap that connects to the seatbelt thing that then connects to her harness. This is working a lot better for her. She still barks but now where near as much.

The car seat has been sitting in my dining room for the past 11 months. I figured it was time to do something with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@May 31 2005, 10:33 AM
I have that one, also... I think I paid something like $85 for it!! I have a harness that has very wide "straps" and is lined in fake sheepskin that I put on Kallie when she's in it. That keeps her from jumping out, etc.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67160
[/QUOTE]

K&C's Mom,

I just this past weekend got this harness for Teddy (if it is the same, but you are describing it perfectly). Anyway, I have it the smallest it can go and Teddy still does not have enough shoulder to hold it on...am I doing something wrong.
I have another car seat for him that he likes because it lifts him up so he can see out..but I wanted this one so that it was more of a cushion in case he does get pulled from a possible collision. So I put this one on and then attach him to the seat...I think I may have to take this one back...any suggestions on something else that will be just as soft...or maybe the reason it is sliding off....I bought the smallest one.

Thanks for your help.


Susan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Teddyandme+May 31 2005, 04:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@May 31 2005, 10:33 AM
I have that one, also... I think I paid something like $85 for it!! I have a harness that has very wide "straps" and is lined in fake sheepskin that I put on Kallie when she's in it. That keeps her from jumping out, etc.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67160
K&C's Mom,

I just this past weekend got this harness for Teddy (if it is the same, but you are describing it perfectly). Anyway, I have it the smallest it can go and Teddy still does not have enough shoulder to hold it on...am I doing something wrong.
I have another car seat for him that he likes because it lifts him up so he can see out..but I wanted this one so that it was more of a cushion in case he does get pulled from a possible collision. So I put this one on and then attach him to the seat...I think I may have to take this one back...any suggestions on something else that will be just as soft...or maybe the reason it is sliding off....I bought the smallest one.

Thanks for your help.


Susan
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67284
[/B][/QUOTE]
Is this the one you are talking about? seatbelt harness If it is, I have the same problem too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@May 31 2005, 03:36 PM
This size one probably not.  The dogs would have to be pretty small.  There is one made for 2 dogs: Buddy Lookout for 2.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67249
[/QUOTE]

I had the one that is in the pic until I got my second maltese. Now I have the oversized SUV one that fits both my maltese perfectly. They ride to school in it everyday when I drop off my kids. They both absolutely love it. I highly recommend it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut+May 31 2005, 03:48 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 31 2005, 04:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@May 31 2005, 10:33 AM
I have that one, also... I think I paid something like $85 for it!! I have a harness that has very wide "straps" and is lined in fake sheepskin that I put on Kallie when she's in it. That keeps her from jumping out, etc.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67160


K&C's Mom,

I just this past weekend got this harness for Teddy (if it is the same, but you are describing it perfectly). Anyway, I have it the smallest it can go and Teddy still does not have enough shoulder to hold it on...am I doing something wrong.
I have another car seat for him that he likes because it lifts him up so he can see out..but I wanted this one so that it was more of a cushion in case he does get pulled from a possible collision. So I put this one on and then attach him to the seat...I think I may have to take this one back...any suggestions on something else that will be just as soft...or maybe the reason it is sliding off....I bought the smallest one.

Thanks for your help.


Susan
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67284

[/QUOTE]
Is this the one you are talking about? seatbelt harness If it is, I have the same problem too...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67287
[/B][/QUOTE]

Mine is just a bit different....here is the link for it...as well as the car seat we use.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1117572712113

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1117572712113

Not sure these links will work...they seem really big but I hope so.

S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Hi!
I am interested in the seat for Menachem!
We had a little scare last weekend and got rear-ended. Menachem was in his bag on my lap (my husband was driving) and he was thrust to the floor of the car. He is ok and didn't even bark. I was crying and so worried that while my husband exchanged all the insurance information, I took Mencahem out on his leash to make sure everything was OK. So he's fine, the car is fine but will this keep in his seat is it were to happen again? How does he stay in seat?

How should we proceed to talk about this?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,543 Posts
I have the same booster seat for Alex. If you are looking for safety, I don't want you to be mislead. This seat is not safer then your bag. The safest way for them to travel is in a crate. This seat enables them to see outside being higher then the car seat. I don't like the strap coming with the seat because it moves along the seat belt and enables the dog to jump out of the seat to the car seat. Or if you make the strap shorter and they jump they will just hang there. We had a bad experience with the strap and don't use it anymore. Ours is not used often (only if I am alone in the car with Alex) since our little devil does not want to stay in it. He wants to be on mommy's lap. Not the safest place I know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
Lexi's Mom, I may be interested in the seat since I have one already and my furkidz love to sit in it by the window to look outside and I could use one more seat.
You can email me at [email protected]

Thank you! Susan & my furkidz in NJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Menachem@May 31 2005, 05:19 PM
Hi!
I am interested in the seat for Menachem!
We had a little scare last weekend and got rear-ended.  Menachem was in his bag on my lap (my husband was driving) and he was thrust to the floor of the car.  He is ok and didn't even bark.  I was crying and so worried that while my husband exchanged all the insurance information, I took Mencahem out on his leash to make sure everything was OK. So he's fine, the car is fine but will this keep in his seat is it were to happen again?  How does he stay in seat?

How should we proceed to talk about this?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67313
[/QUOTE]
The seat has a "cut out" in the back that you put the seat belt through. You then use a strap that attaches to the seat belt and then hocks to the dogs harness. If you want I can get one for you at PetSmart and add it to the cost. I think they are like $10. If you are interested you can PM me with you address and I will go at lunch and find out how much shipping would be.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top