Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was at Hobby Lobby and they had all thier McCall's Patterns on sale for 99 cents. They had three or four dog ones. Beds, carriers and clothes patterns I got the one for clothes. It also had on it a pattern for a harness type leash that had a pouch on it for keys and such. Seemed handy.

Just wanted to pass it on incase anyone wanted to get one. I figured for a buck even it if were more than my small sewing skills could do I was not out much.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one is for dog collars, a backpack style carrier, and a shoulder carrier...number M4128

This one is for rectangled beds, food mats, stuffed fish shaped toys (for cats), jingle bell collars, and bone and fish shaped stockings...M3472

This one is for coats, leash, a vest and a mat. I got this one. M4686

TheThis one if for round beds, those round ones with a cut out to get into them, and a coat...M3071

hope you find ones you might like

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I would like to get some knitting patterns for Scooby, but I doubt Hobby Lobby would have them. I will have to go take a look next time we are in the cities as our Hobby Lobby is 25 miles away.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I just went over there tonight and got three patterns. I don't sew, but my mom does and I am one heck of a gluer!
I want to make Toby a Halloween costume, so I got one of the patterns that have a cape. We'll see how long it takes me to get this thing done.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Aug 24 2005, 06:03 PM
I would like to get some knitting patterns for Scooby, but I doubt Hobby Lobby would have them. I will have to go take a look next time we are in the cities as our Hobby Lobby is 25 miles away.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93794
[/QUOTE]
I just learned to knit and my first thought was "What can I make Rex?" Target sells a knit kit in the craft section for a doggy bed for $19.99, but I am not that advanced yet. Lionbrand Yarn has free dog patterns on their website. There is a santa hat for dogs which is going to be my first real project after I finish my scarf. Santa Hat My daughter has just learned to knit too and she is making Rex a little scarf!
:D

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Actually I think there are more knitting patterns for dog things than sewing patterns. Google "dog clothes patterns" and see what comes up!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Originally posted by RexsMom+Aug 25 2005, 06:24 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Scoobydoo
@Aug 24 2005, 06:03 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93794
I just learned to knit and my first thought was "What can I make Rex?" Target sells a knit kit in the craft section for a doggy bed for $19.99, but I am not that advanced yet. Lionbrand Yarn has free dog patterns on their website. There is a santa hat for dogs which is going to be my first real project after I finish my scarf. Santa Hat My daughter has just learned to knit too and she is making Rex a little scarf!
:D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93886
[/B][/QUOTE]

I learned how to knit last winter so I could make Bella some sweaters. I found a super easy pattern. It makes a simple sweater but once you get the hang of it you can really change it up and make some cute stuff. I started sewing boas onto the neck and sleeves and adding some trim to them. She got lots of compliments when we went out. Anyway here's the link http://www.redlipstick.net/knit/chihswe.html
Here's a picture of one of them but you can't really tell much from it. The color turned out kinda bad with my camera. (sorry i don't know how to make it bigger)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by tiffany@Aug 25 2005, 05:05 PM
I learned how to knit last winter so I could make Bella some sweaters. I found a super easy pattern. It makes a simple sweater but once you get the hang of it you can really change it up and make some cute stuff. I started sewing boas onto the neck and sleeves and adding some trim to them. She got lots of compliments when we went out. Anyway here's the link http://www.redlipstick.net/knit/chihswe.html
Here's a picture of one of them but you can't really tell much from it. The color turned out kinda bad with my camera. (sorry i don't know how to make it bigger)

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94068
[/QUOTE]

All I have successfully made is a scarf (not finished yet). How much harder would this be? It took me 8 practice tries to figure out how to knit and I dont think I could do anything fancy. The sweater is cute and I would love to be able to make it. After I finish this scarf and try my hand at the hat I will try and attempt the sweater too! I would really love it if I could successfully knit the sweater, I could make Rex a whole wardrobe of them!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Originally posted by RexsMom+Aug 25 2005, 08:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tiffany
@Aug 25 2005, 05:05 PM

All I have successfully made is a scarf (not finished yet). How much harder would this be? It took me 8 practice tries to figure out how to knit and I dont think I could do anything fancy. The sweater is cute and I would love to be able to make it. After I finish this scarf and try my hand at the hat I will try and attempt the sweater too! I would really love it if I could successfully knit the sweater, I could make Rex a whole wardrobe of them!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94117
[/B][/QUOTE]

Trust me this is so not fancy. I'm not a fancy knitter just yet myself. I just did the basic knit stitch for the whole sweater. The only thing you have to know is how to increase for the chest piece. The back is just a rectangle, just like a scarf. I didn't do the ribbing it calls for either. I have full confidence in you! If you run into questions I can probably help. Just give it a try.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by tiffany+Aug 26 2005, 11:51 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2005, 08:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-tiffany

[/QUOTE]

Trust me this is so not fancy. I'm not a fancy knitter just yet myself. I just did the basic knit stitch for the whole sweater. The only thing you have to know is how to increase for the chest piece. The back is just a rectangle, just like a scarf. I didn't do the ribbing it calls for either. I have full confidence in you! If you run into questions I can probably help. Just give it a try.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94236
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks again Tiffany! I should be done with the sweater today, it was easy, the ribbing was easy too, but time consuming!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Anyway here's the link http://www.redlipstick.net/knit/chihswe.html

[/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you for this. My mom has knitted for yrs, but now that I am in a colder climate than TX, she has gone nuts!
Every time she sends me a new care package, which is about 1x a month, there is a new scarf and/or a new poncho. I finally had to tell her not to make me anymore. At last count I had 17 scarves! 17!! And now I have 4 ponchos. I am sending her this link right now- maybe she will lay off making me things and start making things for our new little guy.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Originally posted by RexsMom+Oct 4 2005, 12:59 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2005, 08:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-tiffany

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94236
Thanks again Tiffany! I should be done with the sweater today, it was easy, the ribbing was easy too, but time consuming!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=106099
[/B][/QUOTE]

Well you're doing better than me, I never had the patience to even try to do the ribbing. I wanna see some pictures of the new sweater!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by Deanna@Oct 4 2005, 06:10 PM
Anyway here's the link http://www.redlipstick.net/knit/chihswe.html

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this. My mom has knitted for yrs, but now that I am in a colder climate than TX, she has gone nuts!
Every time she sends me a new care package, which is about 1x a month, there is a new scarf and/or a new poncho. I finally had to tell her not to make me anymore. At last count I had 17 scarves! 17!! And now I have 4 ponchos. I am sending her this link right now- maybe she will lay off making me things and start making things for our new little guy.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=106193
[/B][/QUOTE]

Sounds like a woman with a love of knitting and time on her hands. She could start knitting doggy things and sell them through some of our members' online stores. I have been looking for a red chenille turtleneck for Pico........Petsmart had them but not in his size. It's too warm even in winter for anything but cotton and the chenille is so rich and soft looking. It wouldn't take her an hour to make a sweater for a 4.5 pound dog.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
My mom retired a couple of years ago- and now she travels all over with my dad for his work. She likes making scarves and things b/c they are easy to knit while in the car. She doesn't seem to be interested in selling things- she does make blankets and wraps and donates them to retirement homes and the hospice wings at a couple of hospitals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts