Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I went on that site and I am a little confused...
It says that you should feed your malt avocados but I have read on several other sites that avocados are extremely harmful to all dog breeds...this includes the actual avocado and the pit.
What's up with this?
Just wondering...
Brittany

·
Registered
2,863 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess you need to look at the source of where you heard a certain food is bad for the dog. The guy on this website seems to have done exhaustive research to insure that each breed of dog eats according to it's origin place.

I also posted this on the MO website, but as usual, they did not post it. I guess they feel it is to contriversal! I think most pet owners would like to know about what is really in the food they feed. Most people don't even give it a second thought. They think since it's for sale in a store, it must be okay. To bad that is not the case. The 4 D's grossed me out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Aug 5 2004, 01:21 PM
srjd. what are the 4 ds?

so do you have your dogs on homecooked foods? i hate the MO site.
The 4 D's: dead, dying, diseased or decayed. This is the type of "protein" that is accepted and used by many dog food companies according to the research I've done.

I have Fuzz and Romeo on 1/2 Nutro Natural Choice plus 1/2 homemade food. I switched to the natural choice from the big name commerical brands. I thought I was buying the best for them till I did a little research!

I bought a book called "Natural remedies for dogs" and several all natural vet's listed their favorites.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
srjd, thanks. i read about dead dogs and cats, and also meat that isnt good for human consumption is put into dog food. freaks me out. i read about it in homeprepared food for dogs and cats by donald strombeck. its a great book because theres LOTS of recipes. i used to feed my dogs nutro also---but they didnt like it. i even tried eukanuba and chicken soup dog food.

i bought that book by pitcairns. natural health for dogs and cats.

i'll check out natural remedies for dogs. thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"The Veterinarians' Guide To Natural Remedies For Dogs" by Martin Zucker.

I've found it to be very helpful!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts