Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like Dixie to wear harness dresses so we have her looking pretty and i don't have to change her everytime she needs her harness to go outside. [Her favorite pastime now is trying to run into the road
] I do not like how the harness dresses dont cover the breast area. They just have the two velcro strips. Would it work If i had a seamstress sew a hook into regular dog dresses so i get the coverage i desire as well as the harness capability? Dang, i'm a picky one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Do you have a sewing machine? It is seriously not difficult to sew a d ring onto clothes. Would take a few seconds and even if you were not experienced at sewing at all you could do it easily.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by chloeandj@Sep 23 2005, 12:34 PM
Do you have a sewing machine? It is seriously not difficult to sew a d ring onto clothes. Would take a few seconds and even if you were not experienced at sewing at all you could do it easily.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102581
[/QUOTE]
No, I don't. Do you think the concept would work ok?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Kind of off topic...I just got the girls' harnesses yesterday. They are so cute! Nikki's is too big even when I made it as small as possible. I thought to would still be ok because it was just a little loose. Well last night she managed to work her way out of it in like 10 seconds while we were outside. When I went to get her she took off running for a guy that was walking from his car to the apartment building. Luckily he heard me calling for her and saw me running after her. He got down and greeted her and then grabbed her until I got to them. THANK GOD!!! This was at almost 11PM and it was so dark. I was so scared she was going to take off running for the street. Anyway the harness is going in a drawer until she gets to be around 4lbs (she is about 3.5lbs right now). Hopefully by x-mas she will be big enough to wear it safely.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Sep 23 2005, 02:17 PM
Kind of off topic...I just got the girls' harnesses yesterday.  They are so cute!  Nikki's is too big even when I made it as small as possible.  I thought to would still be ok because it was just a little loose.  Well last night she managed to work her way out of it in like 10 seconds while we were outside.  When I went to get her she took off running for a guy that was walking from his car to the apartment building.  Luckily he heard me calling for her and saw me running after her.  He got down and greeted her and then grabbed her until I got to them.  THANK GOD!!!  This was at almost 11PM and it was so dark.  I was so scared she was going to take off running for the street.  Anyway the harness is going in a drawer until she gets to be around 4lbs (she is about 3.5lbs right now).  Hopefully by x-mas she will be big enough to wear it safely.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102621
[/QUOTE]

Wow... I'm so glad she's OK... I would have been really scared, too!! Yikes!!

Kallie slipped out of hers once also and I don't know how in the world she did it. I had her at my office and we were in the conference room and lots of people came in to see her and one of them is really large and sort of intimidating looking and she was very scared of him I guess because the next thing I knew she was out of the harness and running away. The office area is really large and we have an open dock area and I was so afraid she'd head out there. Luckily we were able to catch her but now I don't quite trust harnesses. Hers was plenty tight. I just don't see how she got out of it, while I was holding the leash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Sep 23 2005, 01:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Sep 23 2005, 02:17 PM
Kind of off topic...I just got the girls' harnesses yesterday.  They are so cute!  Nikki's is too big even when I made it as small as possible.  I thought to would still be ok because it was just a little loose.  Well last night she managed to work her way out of it in like 10 seconds while we were outside.  When I went to get her she took off running for a guy that was walking from his car to the apartment building.  Luckily he heard me calling for her and saw me running after her.  He got down and greeted her and then grabbed her until I got to them.  THANK GOD!!!  This was at almost 11PM and it was so dark.  I was so scared she was going to take off running for the street.  Anyway the harness is going in a drawer until she gets to be around 4lbs (she is about 3.5lbs right now).  Hopefully by x-mas she will be big enough to wear it safely.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102621
Wow... I'm so glad she's OK... I would have been really scared, too!! Yikes!!

Kallie slipped out of hers once also and I don't know how in the world she did it. I had her at my office and we were in the conference room and lots of people came in to see her and one of them is really large and sort of intimidating looking and she was very scared of him I guess because the next thing I knew she was out of the harness and running away. The office area is really large and we have an open dock area and I was so afraid she'd head out there. Luckily we were able to catch her but now I don't quite trust harnesses. Hers was plenty tight. I just don't see how she got out of it, while I was holding the leash.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102627
[/B][/QUOTE]
I was so suprised when she did slip it. It took me like 30 seconds to realize it. I glanced away and then glanced back and she was like 12 feet away. I kind of stood there looking at her and then looking at the leash (which is only 6 feet long) and then back to nikki. Then all of the sudden it dawned on me she must have slipped out. As soon as I took a step towards her she start to run off.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Sep 23 2005, 01:17 PM
Kind of off topic...I just got the girls' harnesses yesterday.  They are so cute!  Nikki's is too big even when I made it as small as possible.  I thought to would still be ok because it was just a little loose.  Well last night she managed to work her way out of it in like 10 seconds while we were outside.  When I went to get her she took off running for a guy that was walking from his car to the apartment building.  Luckily he heard me calling for her and saw me running after her.  He got down and greeted her and then grabbed her until I got to them.  THANK GOD!!!  This was at almost 11PM and it was so dark.  I was so scared she was going to take off running for the street.  Anyway the harness is going in a drawer until she gets to be around 4lbs (she is about 3.5lbs right now).  Hopefully by x-mas she will be big enough to wear it safely.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102621
[/QUOTE]
wow, close call. i know how you feel as dixie has this new passion for the street. i think she gets a thrill of my running after her with panic in my voice. that is why the whole harness idea for me. Glad your story had a happy ending.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Great question!

So far Molly's summer dresses have easily accommodated her harness underneath the dress, but with winter rolling in soon I was concerned about the whole harness and clothes issue. I've decided to make buttonholes through the clothes so the D-rings on her harness will come through the buttonholes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by mmforever@Sep 26 2005, 05:25 PM
Great question!

So far Molly's summer dresses have easily accommodated her harness underneath the dress, but with winter rolling in soon I was concerned about the whole harness and clothes issue.  I've decided to make buttonholes through the clothes so the D-rings on her harness will come through the buttonholes.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=103634
[/QUOTE]
Great idea also. between the two we should be set.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top