Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Dog Registration?

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Sunshine 
#1 ·
I have heard that dogs have to be registered with the county that you reside in. (I'm not talking about the AKC) Is that optional or mandatory and where do I do that?

#5 ·
Originally posted by Nichole@Apr 20 2005, 01:44 PM
In my county, when you bring your dog in for the rabies vaccination, the vet's office automatically registers you and they add the fee into your bill.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54528
[/QUOTE]

Nicole -

How in the world do you live with such efficiency. The way your town is doing this...no crooked politician can get there hands on it...something must be done to stop this now. Your taxes may actually go down.

In Jersey you have to go the municipality in which you reside, to the local town hall and pay the fee. Rediculous

#7 ·
Originally posted by Teddyandme+Apr 20 2005, 03:06 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Nichole
@Apr 20 2005, 01:44 PM
In my county, when you bring your dog in for the rabies vaccination, the vet's office automatically registers you and they add the fee into your bill.

Nicole -

How in the world do you live with such efficiency. The way your town is doing this...no crooked politician can get there hands on it...something must be done to stop this now. Your taxes may actually go down.

In Jersey you have to go the municipality in which you reside, to the local town hall and pay the fee. Rediculous

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54531
[/B][/QUOTE]

HAHA!

#9 ·
Originally posted by Nichole@Apr 20 2005, 01:44 PM
[/QUOTE]
Ditto for Nashville TN

#15 ·
Originally posted by DiDi@Apr 20 2005, 06:17 PM
MEE  You're from Southern Cali right? Where do I register the dog at.  The police department?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54649
[/QUOTE]

i sent a check and papers (certificate of jongee been spayed -- females get a discount if they are spayed) , and rabies papers) to the Pasadena City Hall...it was about $12 coz i paid after the duedate... i found the info on the Pasadena humane society webpage

Pasadena humane society

but then i didnt a license for Jong-ee right away coz females get a discount if they are spayed first and then licensed so i waited until jongee got spayed at 8 months and then got her licensed.my vet told me when i first got jongee , im sure if ur vet would tell u details too

#16 ·
Originally posted by Teddyandme+Apr 20 2005, 02:06 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Nichole
@Apr 20 2005, 01:44 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54531
[/B][/QUOTE]

Originally posted by littlepeanut@Apr 20 2005, 02:29 PM
We have to have any dog over 6 months registered and there has to be proof of the rabies vac.  $20 bucks per dog

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54542
[/QUOTE]

You guys SO can't complain!!!

At least you lot don't have a bunch of idiots in Council who make you register a puppy FROM 6 WEEKS OLD
- oh yeah... and just to put the icing on the cake - it's $68 a year to register a non-spayed/neutered pup....
(anyone want to spay a 6 week old puppy?!??!)

Picture this... your dam has just had a litter of 4 pups... great... comes 6 weeks - you either get rid of the pups (imagine the poor things being from mum at 6 weeks old!
) or you pay $272 on top of all the usual bills - non-refundable when you sell them.... NICE

I mean, I am not breeder and don't intend to - but it's the principle I'm arguing here! LOL

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHH Abby is 9 months old and still not registered. And I've had her from 7weeks! Bugger them! She doesn't ever leave my house unless she's with me and is never out of my sight! She doesn't even roam/play in my fully fenced yard without me watching! No point!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.