Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, there's a BIG dog show being held this coming weekend in Orlando at the Convention Center. It used to be called the Eukanuba show, but now Royal Canin is sponsoring it. Anyway, on Friday, December 13, The Maltese Club of Greater Miami is holding a Regional Specialty. Ring times are 12:30 and 2:30 in Ring 23. Over 40 Maltese will be shown.

Then Saturday, Ring 26 at 1:15p, 34 Maltese will be shown.

If you have never seen Maltese in the ring gliding across the floor, it is a sight to behold and will simply take your breath away. And to see 30 or 40 them is just fantastic.

There is also a wonderful Meet the Breeds area where you can see up close a lot of different dogs.

No dog show would be complete without vendors who will have everything you can imagine for your little angel!

Admission to the Saturday show is $10, I'm not sure about Friday.

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Such a great opportunity for anyone who lives nearby! Wish I could go.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Gee, would have loved to have gone to that! Only went to one dog show and it was in Asheville two years ago. It was for only Maltese. You are right -- seeing Maltese float across the ring is a sight to behold.

Lainie

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts
I too!

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
Royal Canin National Dog Show

I have tried and can't get any of my pictures to load. Marti and I were the only SM people at the show this year. We had a fabulous time as always. There are lots of pictures of the Specialty on FB for those of you that have FB accounts. I am surprised that more SM people don't go to this show. It is one of the biggest in the country and it is a great location. I wish I could share some of the pictures of the dogs. They were just stunning.

On Saturday there is Meet the Breeds. I think there are hundreds of booths with people showing off their breed and answering questions. That is something not to be missed. There are breeds that are the size of rats to breeds that are like small horses with everything in between. Maybe Marti can figure out how to add some pictures. The Speciality and National show will be in Orlando again next year in December. It's a great time to be in Florida.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts