Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya,
I'm house sitting two dogs (one matlese the other not) and the maltese dog Otis has started growling at me. I have tried bonding with a toy, walks, ignoring him, eyeballing him (which since read is not good) andthen i kick him out of the house... he just follows me everywhere when he's inside and stares at me.. the other dog has taken to me but Otis is not... I don't know what to do any help please? the owners are OS so I can't talk to them. I have only met the dogs once before so not like they know me very well.
Cheers

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Is the dog food motivated? Maybe you could bribe with treats. I'd just ignore him, definitely don't stare at him. He is afraid of you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all is well now. he has stopped growling at me and we have become friends. follows me everywhere I go though.
Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Hi ya,
I'm house sitting two dogs (one matlese the other not) and the maltese dog Otis has started growling at me. I have tried bonding with a toy, walks, ignoring him, eyeballing him (which since read is not good) andthen i kick him out of the house... he just follows me everywhere when he's inside and stares at me.. the other dog has taken to me but Otis is not... I don't know what to do any help please? the owners are OS so I can't talk to them. I have only met the dogs once before so not like they know me very well.
Cheers
You "kick him out of the house"?? :blink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts