Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official! We have dog snobs! Last night on our trip home from Ohio, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Zach was freaked out and could not settle down. But have been the scratchy yucky sheets that even I didn't like. Today, at the last minute we decided to have some fun and go to Savannah and are at the Kimpton Brice. A luxury hotel that is also pet-friendly. Zach and Boo were well behaved when we left for dinner and a walk around town. Must have been the gourmet bag of treats that they got when we checked in! Seriously, if you have never stayed at a Kimpton hotel, it is a must. We got married at the one in Vero Beach and by the time you spend all the pet fees at a cheap hotel, you could have stayed at a nicer one that has no pet fees. They even have a Yappy Hour for the dogs. P.s. The bed is heaven.

·
Premium Member
5,821 Posts
Zach was probably being bitten by fleas, which is why he couldn't settle down ,haha!

I'm getting very phobic about sleeping in hotels these last few years. I was watching this undercover news show a few months ago, that was investigating hotels in NYC for not changing the sheets after a guest left. I believe it was 4 out of 5 were busted, one being the Marriott that only fluffed up the pillows, made it look like the sheets were changed/cleaned but they weren't. So disgusting!

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I stayed at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar in Washington DC a few years ago. I didn’t have any of my dogs with me but I sure did enjoy all the ones who were staying there. It was an awesome experience and I would love to stay at a Kimpton again.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Zach is so funny! We will be on our way home next week and will have to stay at a La Quinta. I hate these long trips but the pups are good little travelers. Unless they hear noises in the hallway, then all **** breaks lose!

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,963 Posts
Travelling with Luck would be the very definition of insanity. I really like boutique hotels, the W in Boston. I used to visit Washington a lot and stayed at the Normandy, 7 block North of Dupont Circle, just about across from the Russian Embassy. It was owned by an Irish hotel chain. I will look at the Kimpton.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts