Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I grew up in the country. People constantly drove by, pitching their unwanted animals out the window. My cat used to haunt the highway, carrying any kittens home that she could and nursing them. The neighbors (who lived closer to the highway than I did) once saw her trying to carry a half-dead puppy home. They took it away from her and nursed it back to health themselves. It was a huge problem....there were so many strays. We eventually even had a bunch of dogs band together and go around attacking people's pets. They were just so hungry--and they weren't afraid of anything. They literally shredded a five-year-old's pet rabbit in front of her....and then started after her. Thankfully, her father had a gun and scared them off before she got hurt. Personally, I think he should have used that gun on anyone he saw throwing an animal out the window.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
OMG how can people be so heartless and cruel? How much more effort would it take to just hand the poor little pooch into a rescue, but I guess that is just too much trouble. My favorite saying is what goes around comes around and they will get theirs one day and I do hope it is soon.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
What is wrong with People...something so loving and trusting to be tossed....how sad that these people have so little compasion and yet walk among us.

Susan

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats reallymessed up. this guy here, in los angeles or something, actually used his 18 month old BABY...AS A SHIELD when cops were shooting at him.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Jul 12 2005, 11:22 AM
thats reallymessed up.  this guy here, in los angeles or something, actually used his 18 month old BABY...AS A SHIELD when cops were shooting at him.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80643
[/QUOTE]

I saw it on the news yesterday. the man shot at the police and he had his baby girl as a hield and the police shot 90 rounds at them. needless to say the little girl died. very say!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Originally posted by ilove_d&m+Jul 12 2005, 09:39 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-doctorcathy
@Jul 12 2005, 11:22 AM
thats reallymessed up.   this guy here, in los angeles or something, actually used his 18 month old BABY...AS A SHIELD when cops were shooting at him.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80643
I saw it on the news yesterday. the man shot at the police and he had his baby girl as a hield and the police shot 90 rounds at them. needless to say the little girl died. very say!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80651
[/B][/QUOTE]

my mom said that they might think that the guy shot his daughter. they're going to look to see if there are any bullets from the father in her.

·
Registered
486 Posts
In Austin about a year or so ago there were several cases of people throwing kitttens off bridges. I dont think anyone got caught. I just remembered hearing it on the news. When I worked at a vet that was right off I-35 we had a ton of people bring in animals thrown out of cars and hit by cars. If you dont want the animal find them a home. We also had several people dump animals in the front of the clinic. I would much rather them dump them in a place where they know they will be cared for. It is so sad what STUPID people do.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I agree that harming an innocent ANYTHING...........a dog, a child, whatever the case may be goes much deeper than an act of indiffernece. It is cruelty plain and simple.
in my opinion, it is a personality defect plain and simple. An innocent that cannot defend itself is just that.......innocent.

I am all for laws that protect our children and our animals, our elderly that connot defend themselves. There is no room in society for cruel behaviors. There must be checks and balances in our society in order for us to peacefully coexist.

My solution would be simple...........an eye for an eye.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
It's weird that this post just came up because just yesterday my grandmom was telling my family how her friend's daughter saw someone throw a dog out of the window of a car while she was driving down the road and then she stopped and picked up the dog and nursed it back to health. I couldnt even believe that people woudl do such a thing and now here is another case and all the horrible stories that people are telling on here. People are cruel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.