Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Maggie finally got her first grooming session and got a little pink bow. Unfortunately (laughing) it only lasted about a day before she ripped it off. Darn! How about your doggies? Do they get used to them over time?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
That is a LOT longer than Lexi's lasted. They put 2 bowes in her hair. One lasted maybe 10 minutes and the second lasted 30-40 minutes. Haha! I tried a bow one more time and then I just gave up. Now I keep her hair cut short on her head.

·
Registered
831 Posts
when Daezie had her hair long. I would put a bow to pull it up and when Maya and Daezie would play Maya would pull Daezie from the hair with her mouth around the house and maya is only 6lb and daezie is 10lb so it was so funny to see Maya pulling by the hair a bigger dog that her :D :D

Their bows last about a day or two.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I occasionally put one bow in Brinkley's hair, but not very often. He doesn't seem to mind them much, once I get them in. Sometimes I get his ear hair and pull up his ears :lol: Probably not funny to him..it might hurt a little, but it looks really funny. :D

I get really sick of people calling him "gay" because he is a boy with a bow! <_<
Part of being in the south I guess. Most men are too macho for foo-foo dogs, let alone boy foo-foo dogs with bows. LOL Most that spend time with him fall head over heels for him though...he he.
Anyway, I think the bows are cute...but I get tired of the teasing...he is just as cute without them.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i used to put clips in the girls hair. it looks SUPER cute because they looked like little girls.
and i guess it didnt bother them because they never touched them.
clips feel better than ponytails--at least for me. you should try it. :D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I went to a breeders house a while back (i think it was shih tzus but same idea with the bows) she had like 11 dogs running around her house jumping all over each other and their little ponytails on teh top of their head stayed totaly put...i assume you could do the same thing with maltese hair just on a smaller scale...she had like to pony tail holders one just in a normal little ponytail and the other a little higher on it holding it to a differnt section of hair i dont think thats really a very good description but if anyone knows what i am talking about those seem to really stay it this dogs where jumping all over each other

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
its funny, the breeder that i went to--had bows in all the boys hair and nothing in the girls hair. i wonder if its so that you can see that you can dress up a little boy? she had told me that everyone wanted the girls and not the boys so she priced the girls a little higher--so that people would consider the boys more. she felt bad for them! lol. the boys were totally cute and outgoing....but im more of a little girl person.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Aug 16 2004, 08:36 AM
but im more of a little girl person. 
That will be me, too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts