Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when our pup seems to have potty training down...out comes the doggie breath! Her breath stinks! She gets one teeny greenie a day to no avail. I brush her teeth every morning and we "dental floss" with her rope tug toy. I fear the culprit may be her retained canines. But they don't appear to be wiggly at all. Unless there are some back teeth that are retained...but it doesn't look like it to me. I guess I'll have to call the vet to see what's up. Nothing else has changed...she is still on the same diet from the day she came home. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
it might be the teething thats causing the bad breath
jongee had TERRIBLE HORRIBLE breath when she was teething, but after she got her babyteeth pulled out at 8 months, it disappeard

·
Registered
422 Posts
Every day, after I clean up her face and comb the rest, I give Zo one 'yip yap' to clean her breath, so we can greet people without offending!
Yiip Yaps have herbs, etc., come in a tin case, and you can find at pet stores and also at Bed Bath and Beyond at the checkout counter here in CA!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just as quickly as it came, the foul odor has gone. It must have been related to a tooth because she lost one over the weekend. I didn't find it, but I can see where it was in her mouth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts