Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started searching for doggie seat belts but I'm so confused on which one is the safest. Since I can take Bella out now (she has all her shots) I was in the car with her this weekend and I was so scared that if I got into accident she could very well fly out the window.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I have this car seat:

I got the black one. It comes in different colors. I got it from this site: Snoozer Lookouts

I've heard that you should wait until they are bigger to train them for car seats though. You could try using your carrier bag or just getting a pet cablike below:

They have a seat belt "thing" (technical term
).

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Oh, forgot to mention that I tried to use the car seat right after I got Lexi and she loved it for the first 2-3 weeks but then she started to hate it <_< . I think she was too young for it. So the thing is sitting in my closet. I need to get it out and try again one of these days.

What I do now is let her lay on my lap in town (not the safest) and when I'm on the highway I set her crate up in the backseat. At first she would bark so I take a twin size sheet and cover the crate up so she can't see me. Plus this gives her some shade. It takes 3 hours to drive to my parents' house and she usually sleeps the entire time.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i use a car seat for parker, but he was almost 1 when i got it. this is the one i use...it comes in different colors and you use a harness to hook them in. it can go on any seat. i put him in the front and make sure the seat is as far back as it can go. this prevents the air bag from being able to hit it. the best part is that it was only $20 from kingwholesale.

it is big enough for him to lay down and go to sleep.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have one like Lexi's Mom and Pico loves it! It has a strap that I clip to the car seat belt and then to his harness and now he can watch the cows in the fields, flirt with other drivers (it's so much fun to see the faces of people when they spot his little face) or take a nap if he chooses.

It's a bit more expensive but it has a drawer in it that I keep bowl, snacks and leash in. The cover is starting to rot from being in the sun and you can purchase new ones but I like to sew so after I get the 3 existing projects done I'm going to make a fleece cover in a leopard print to match the beige leather interior of my car. Dontcha know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts