Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i took Maxi today and when i got there there was about 6 people tending to the dogs which made me happy , i go to leave and they take maxi from me and he starts to cry noy bark and he was fighting to get to me , they told me to leave and i got to the parking lot and started to cry ( can you imagine) Then i called them and they said he was doing fine
when i got there to pick him up he she said dont let him se you just look and he was having such a good time running around and playing
everyone loved him and i was happy that i took him so i will definetly bring him back not every day but atleast once or twice a week, my mom said that she would take him sometimes or pick him up
when he got home he went right to sleep actually he fell asleep in the car
how cute!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Sampson likes doggy day care it seems but Maggie just dont seem to like other dogs that much, me and a coworker are actually considering going into business with each other and starting a doggy day care business but it will probably be the first of next year if it happens

·
Registered
939 Posts
Boy, that sounds like fun!
I would have cried also, just like when my kids had their first day in school

I saw a doggy day care in my area recently, I think it is new. I have always worried about how Tiki would react. Sometimes he likes other dogs and sometimes he doesn't. I would like to try it though for those days I need to be gone for more than a few hours.

Judi

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
A doggy day care sounds like so much fun, I'd love to be able to take Tuffy to one, but we don't have anything around here like that. It would be great to have him socialize with some other dogs since he's a bit of a butt around other dogs. I'm glad it went good for Maxi! I hope he keeps having fun

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was about 10 dogs and 6 people maxi and another dog were the smallest but he seemed to have a great time, yesterday he played iwth his best friend Diggy and then we took them to get groomed
what a nightmare remember in my other post i said that i had this great groomer and she always gives maxi a great cut well yesterday the women must have been real off because when i went to go pick him up i couldnt believe how horrible she cut him he looks terrible she shaved him and left his tail and his ears long she cut his beard so short he looks like a rat im so upset and i think maxi is too he really is acting very odd. I felt like crying i am so annoyed my friend said its my fault because when the women asked me short i said yes but i dont remember her saying that because she doesnt speak english that well and i must have not understood she usually gives him a fantastic cut so needless to say i cant wait until he gets his hair back and the only reason i didnt call her up was because my friend told me that.....Maxi has gone to her 5 or 6 times already i would think she knows by now
anyway well hair grows so
i guess in a few weeks i wont be annoyed anymore
but as for the day care he seemed to like it !

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Maxi's Mom- Oh no. It is very true that hair will grow pretty quick. My husband and I groom Caesar ourselves with scissors. The week after we do the first cut...we always find a few scragglers. Also after a little bit he no longer looks choppy. We are getting better at it though, I have noticed, he is much less choppy now than he used to be

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks the thing is she has cut him short before and he looked adorable
this time she like gave him a mini mohawk lol i mean he looks ridiculous
but hair grows and the next time i go which i made an appt fo a month from now i usually take him every 3 weeks but he needs the extra week i will tell her i hated the last cut and be more explicit i just figured after 5 to 6 times she should know what i like i didnt relaly get a good view until i was already in the car
how do they get them to stay you dont think they give them anything because he acted very weird up until about an hour ago now he is more lively but i have heard that groomers give the dogs stuff to relax them and i do not condone that so if i was to find out they give maxi anything without my knowledge i will really really be upset.....Maxi can be hyper so i am wondering how he sat through such a disgusting hair cut
anyway this too shall pass Thanks for making me feel better

·
Registered
205 Posts
Poor Maxi! I'm getting worried now; i'm hearing alot nowdays about bad groomers & bad haircuts! When one of my friends got her toy poodle, the day she got him, I remember going to the vet w/ her (it was the first visit for a wellness check) and he wasn't scared of the vet at all!! When the vet picked him up he cuddled against her. After the vet, we went to pick up some food at a place where they also do grooming (and she was recommened by our co-worker) to o there. The groomer was there and was going gaga over the pup and asked if she could hold him. When she did, he started shaking! I wonder if he sensed something! Now i'm thinking of finding somewhere else to take my little guy when its his time to get groomed!
sorry for rambling... ^_^

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
nicole, we have one of those businesses here. its called U-Wash-Doggie. its a good price if you have a big dog, i think. because they have like 5 of those grooming tubs and then those crates where they can get blow-dryed. and grooming tables. and if you need help--theres someone to give you tips. one time i went in and asked if they could cut gruffis pee area (he was like 3 months old at the time and my grandmas senior center was next door), the guy did it for free. i thought that was pretty cool. they also give you a rubber apron for when you wash your dog.

maxis mom--thats cool that maxi had a good time!
can you take pictures? that'd be really cool to see.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
My mom keeps saying she is going to take their dog, Oreo, to PetCo and use the tub their. Oreo is part black lab and sheds likes crazy. After the bath there is always hair everywhere. She figured this way she can leave the mess at PetCo.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Like i said i would be mroe livid if my friend didnt tell me the conversation this teaches me to be more explicit the next time she has done such a good job in the past so i must partly take blame, im just so upset for maxi he seems sad and this morning he was shivering before i went to work of course i wanted to have a breakdown leaving him but i cuddled him in my lap and was kissing him, i shut the air off in the bedroom and left the one on in the living room because it operates on energy reserve so if its not hot enough it stays off , i was telling him how handsome he looks my sister said that they know when they dont look right and if i act like im upset he will get depressed...We went to a BBQ yesterday at my brothers and the whole family was there as soon as we got home he was not acting right all night he cuddled with me like a little sleepy boy and this morning also please im livid!

As far as petco i stopped shopping there due to some bad stuff i read about them and how they treat animals...anyway this to shall pass and maxi will grow his hair back

1 - 20 of 21 Posts