• I know what to do

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want to hijack Baileysmommy Sad Story thread, but it did get me to wonder. This past weekend I had to get re-certified for CPR and first aid. During the class infants, and dogs were discussed in reference to CPR, how to breath for them, and choking.

I was wondering how many members out there know how to perform CPR, and give breaths to their fluff if the emergency arose? Thank you for participating in the poll. :)

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
This is a good reminder that we should all learn how to administer emergency CPR to our fluffs. Thanks for starting this thread.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My intention of this poll was to raise awareness for owners knowledge in case of an emergancy. There are over 7600 registered members here, 48 looked at the thread, and 4 besides myself answered the poll - I truly don't understand. :confused1:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I picked the middle option 'I used to know' because I have a first aid book for pets, that I read when I first got it... and it now lives in H & D's cupboard so I know exactly where it is if I ever need it ..... thanks for the reminder to get it out and READ it again .... its all good & well for me to know its in the cupboard if I need it ... but how about I actually READ it!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
I took the pet CPR class at the Red Cross about a year and a half ago. Great class to take. Anyway, I still need to take out the book and notes to refresh what I learned every so often.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Where can we learn to do this? Bonnie has something on her website, but I'm not sure I know how to do it after reading it

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I think this is very good to know but it'd help if there was a link to how to do cpr on the thread.

I chose the middle option..I'm not sure if I've forgotten or not how to use it as I have (luckily) never had to use cpr on anyone or thing. Regardless, this is such an important thing to know. Hopefully nobody will need it.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (shanghaimomma @ Oct 11 2009, 08:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=838847
I think this is very good to know but it'd help if there was a link to how to do cpr on the thread.

I chose the middle option..I'm not sure if I've forgotten or not how to use it as I have (luckily) never had to use cpr on anyone or thing. Regardless, this is such an important thing to know. Hopefully nobody will need it.[/B]

You need to take a class for the CPR it's hands on training, that's why I suggest you contact the Red Cross, or local hospital and inquire where/whom to contact for CPR/First Aid course and go from there for the pet specific course. :)

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone found CPR classes in offered in your area?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Whoever is eager to know how to perform cpr and everything about it. Are you a fitness instructor looking for CPR AED courses near me? At american CPR institute, if you pass the exam, you will receive your certificate immediately from email.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts