Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so this may sound weird but I need some input. I'vd had my maltese for over a year now and a black lab I've had for 5 years. We've never had a problem with them together, as far as we could tell they got along and played well. Recently, our black lab has gotten very agressive and with my maltese and is really being a pest. I don't know if maybe he's in heat or something else. Our maltese is neutered and our lab isn't. But nothing we do will stop our lab from pestering him. He's always sniffing him and trying to bite his neck and back area. Any suggestions would be great. Also, now when we come home (and the dogs were alone) our couch cushions are somehow off the couch and spread all over the house! So who knows what he's been doing to my maltese!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
ok, we have 3 dogs, and all three are spay/neutered. we got gruffi when he was really young...so that might help. but definitely correct the lab when he's nippy like that. squirt water. and definitely neuter the lab. he might even try to mount the maltese.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by imamyloo@Jan 5 2005, 04:29 PM
ok, so this may sound weird but I need some input.  I'vd had my maltese for over a year now and a black lab I've had for 5 years.  We've never had a problem with them together, as far as we could tell they got along and played well.  Recently, our black lab has gotten very agressive and with my maltese and is really being a pest.  I don't know if maybe he's in heat or something else.  Our maltese is neutered and our lab isn't.  But nothing we do will stop our lab from pestering him.  He's always sniffing him and trying to bite his neck and back area.  Any suggestions would be great.  Also, now when we come home (and the dogs were alone) our couch cushions are somehow off the couch and spread all over the house! So who knows what he's been doing to my maltese!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27864
[/QUOTE]

Yep, I would get the lab neutered for sure. I really think that'll make a huge difference. And I wouldn't leave them alone together.... the malt is so much saller that he would have trouble defending himself if the lab got dangerously aggressive....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts