Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can dogs sense when you wake up? When I wake up and look and tyler, he's already stretching and he comes to me to play. Do you're babies do that?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mimi can sense when I wake up as well. I have to get up at 6:30 in the morning. She is awake, kissing my face even before my alarm goes off. Then she goes back to sleep. She also knows when I am coming home. I have caught her standing at the door long before I put my key in the lock.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah, i think that they can sense when we wake up too.

like one time, gruffi ran from the living room right onto the bed..waking us up and freaking us out..THEN we heard this crash and a sliding sound FROM THE ATTIC.

so we were all freaking out that someone was in the attic. and then i laid down and closed my eyes to try to go back to sleep---i opened my eyes like 5 minutes later cuz i couldnt get to sleep....and ellie had her eyes open staring at me. lol.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
My bf uses the alarm clock so I use my cellphone's alarm clock to wake me up. On days I wake up before my bf, when my alarm goes off, Cloud gets antsy and wants out of his crate. But on days that my bf wakes up first, when his alarm clock goes off, Cloud just lays still in his crate! LOL I guess Cloud knows I take him out first thing when I wake up and my bf waits until after his shower to take them out.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's so funny,Harley can sense when I'm about to sneeze. He turns around and looks at me & I haven't even done it yet. I think it's my breathing.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by maltagurl@Apr 10 2005, 12:39 PM
Mimi can sense when I wake up as well.  I have to get up at 6:30 in the morning.  She is awake, kissing my face even before my alarm goes off.  Then she goes back to sleep.  She also knows  when I am coming home.  I have caught her standing at the door long before I put my key in the lock.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51090
[/QUOTE]

That's how Tini is. My alarm clock goes off at 6:30, but every morning at 6:25 Tini is kissing my ears. She LOVES the ears and nose area!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu+Apr 11 2005, 09:33 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-maltagurl
@Apr 10 2005, 12:39 PM
Mimi can sense when I wake up as well.  I have to get up at 6:30 in the morning.  She is awake, kissing my face even before my alarm goes off.  Then she goes back to sleep.  She also knows  when I am coming home.  I have caught her standing at the door long before I put my key in the lock.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51090
That's how Tini is. My alarm clock goes off at 6:30, but every morning at 6:25 Tini is kissing my ears. She LOVES the ears and nose area!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51295
[/B][/QUOTE]

I think that dogs know when something is going to happen, this has been written about many times earthquakes, fire, and storms. However one time I was watching the History channel and this guy told how he was working with his dog in Vietnam and the dog stopped and would not move so he went to where the dog was to get him to move, and in the place he moved from a mortor(bomb) round landed, if he had not moved he would have been killed. Whenever Buddy gets to where he is looking around and seems nervious I pay attention to him. Buddy sleeps in his own bed in our bedroom almost everytime I will look at him he will be in his bed waiting for me to get up.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yeah i totally think they can sense stuff. Like just this weekend it was early and i was in bed and Sunny was in my room, my windows were closed and even if they wernt my window faces the side yard, well all the sudden Sunny starts barking louder than i have ever heard him so of course i get out of bed i assumed he really had to pee or something so i went to take him outside and laying in the back yard is one of my neighbohs mastiffs taking a nap. There was no way Sunny coudl have seen Mitzi from my room and my door was closed so he didnt see he out any other window, she wasnt making noise either just napping in a sunny spot of the yard it was so weird!

·
Registered
76 Posts
What? Can Tristan "sense" when I wake up? Why on EARTH would he wait for *me* to decide when it's time to get up. I'm awoken to kisses and ear tugs when his royal majesty is ready to play for the day. Never does that to my husband though, guess he knows I'm a sucker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts