Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
not that bad huh?

here it looks uneven , he didnt wanna stand for pic

his hairs on his face is still long but i was afraid of messing him up...

a little uneven i tell u n his legs are def uneven but i think i need a proffesional to fix the job .lol

mom can i go to sleep now? this is embarrassing..

thanks for looking are u done laughing yet ?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Aww Dolce is a sweetheart. Yes, I do see where it is uneven on the legs, but you did say that they are still growing out. I also do see the nice job you did on his body. You grooming him also builds your bond with him and if he gets used to it and as you get better you can save some $ as you won't have to pay a groomer. I wish Aolani wasn't a little fighter. I've given up and only do his paws and but when necessary on my own. Otherwise, I just let his hair grow out. Notice he ony gets cuts in the summer ;-)

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Not too bad for a first time......You will get the hang of it. I do both mine and it works out just fine!!! Those back legs are hard to cut......I find if you take your index finger and middle finger and pull the hair straight out and cut up instead of around the leg, it has a better blended appearance.:wub: He looks fine but his little eyes were closing.......he's a sleepy boy Mommy!!!!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks girls , its definitely amateurish ( sp) lol but he seems lighter and happier ... i am messing him up his legs and he moves soo much .. he even nips at me when i touch his legs .lol

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
He doesn't look too bad for your first time...as they say, practice makes perfect!

I tried cutting Chloe when she was 7 months old and I did a terrible job. When I brought her to the groomer, she laughed and asked who had been practicing on her.:w00t: I have not tried cutting her since. I actually want to start trying to cut Chloe and Summer. Having two costs a lot of money in haircuts. Chloe will be the difficult one....Summer has been well trained by Tina and will lay down and let you do anything to her. I have been able to shave Summer's sanitary area with her laying on her back and she doesn't move a muscle.

·
Premium Member
13,437 Posts
not too bad at all, I try to groom a sleepy dog or walk him to tire him out then groom, sometimes that helps. it's a tough job, I have one that doesn't like brushing or grooming.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not too bad at all, I try to groom a sleepy dog or walk him to tire him out then groom, sometimes that helps. it's a tough job, I have one that doesn't like brushing or grooming.
thanks !! brenda im in love w ur dog he looks like cuddly teddybear fluff! how much doe he weigh ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think you did a great job. I cant imagine even trying. Myah cant be still to get brushed much less cut. Good job maybe you will have a new career as a groomer

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I love the close up your Dolce looking sleepy!

Isn't grooming fun? :chili:
I just love giving haircuts.

You did a great job for your first appointment! And you will only get better.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Not too bad for a first time......You will get the hang of it. I do both mine and it works out just fine!!! Those back legs are hard to cut......I find if you take your index finger and middle finger and pull the hair straight out and cut up instead of around the leg, it has a better blended appearance.:wub: He looks fine but his little eyes were closing.......he's a sleepy boy Mommy!!!!
Totally! Great advice! I cut their entire bodies like that!
Because if I slip, or they move, I would cut my finger and not my precious pup!

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Don't give up. It just takes time and practice. I found that using the thinning scissors helps blend everything in. And lots of treats during grooming. Lilly know she will get the best treats ever during grooming. She still doesn't stand very still for very long but it takes time.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
He doesn't look too bad!! He's still adorable! :wub: and I agree with the others, practice makes perfect! Doing it yourself will save you SOO much money!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks girls ... i will definitely try .. i need to even his little legs out .. lol

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Not bad, kudos for you for even trying. I have cut around Rocky's eyes when he was younger but he won't stay still for me now. :smilie_tischkante:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Laugh?? I'm JEALOUS!! I can't do nearly that well with Vi! I personally was expecting WAY worse, but I think you did pretty awesome actually! And I totally agree, practice makes perfect!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol thank u !! i did try but im going to make an appt for him soon , reason i hvnt gone its that im trying tolet his leg hair grow so that when they cut his legs down they dont look so skinny .. :HistericalSmiley:
Laugh?? I'm JEALOUS!! I can't do nearly that well with Vi! I personally was expecting WAY worse, but I think you did pretty awesome actually! And I totally agree, practice makes perfect!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Well, hopefully I'll have a job with my groomer in august when my youngest goes to school...she says she wants to hire me. I'm hoping she will so she can teach me a thing or two for Vi :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts