Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our service renewal for the forums and gallery is due on 8/18, 69.95 for the forum and 30.00 for gallery, this allows us another year of support and updates (there is a new forum and gallery upgrade in the works), I will pay for this myself but also will accept any donations to help if you can, paypal is preferred but can also accept snail mail, please PM me or post here is you would like to help

I will also add a donation button sometime soon for those who wish to contribute to the hosting bill, my other forum is completely funded by member donations and as this forum becomes more popular and we grow it will cost more to run, but it will never be required, I will also work on the "member upgrade" over the next couple of weeks that will allow for some money into the site and benefit those who wish to ugrade but as always the site will remain free to join and participate

the calendar? i have not forgot about it, I will set something up so everyone can start submitting pics for it soon

malt of the month? anyone have ideas or suggestions for a monthly contest where one of our malts pics could be pictured on our main webpage (where maggies pic currently is) with a little info about them beside it ???

tshirts, mugs, stickers, etc? hopefully if i have enough money or can get more thru donations all also wanto have a proffessional site logo made that we could add to items that members could buy from our own store, SM merchandise aso to speak, with a split of the profits going to help the site and the rest going to a pet charity of our choice

I am also looking for your suggestions, ideas and feedback so let me here your thoughts.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
This sounds like an excellent plan to me, Joe. We are all very grateful for the wonderful community you have generously provided - at both a financial expense and in terms of your time and efforts spent maintaining and upgrading the service. I'd certainly be happy to make a contribution to that.

My vote on a pet charity goes to Little Dog Rescue, the one's with Sophie's story.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
That sounds like a wondeful plan!!! I love the idea of malt of the month, and the merchandise. I'm sure everyone is willing to donate.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Joe, all the ideas you put forth are excellent. I'd love to see the "premium" membership and all of the other ideas come to fruition.

I love the idea of some of the funds going to charity. I like the Little Dog Rescue idea but also another great group is Northcentral Maltese Rescue.

Thanks so much for providing this wonderful forum!!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing about malt of the month... I think it would be cute to submit pictures and rotate them on the cover
I, however, did not think how to select them so you have me thinking...

You could do a theme... maybe by the holiday in the month or something. we could dress our malts up and submit new photos... Could you set up a "vote" option for chosing a winner? Maybe someday you could have a messiest malt because thats the only one phoebe has a chance... that could be too silly for a front page though... like a summertime malt... or a snowy photo for the winter... new years... wow lots of themes... you could do a puppy month... you'd need a way to submit, right... or each participant could post in a monthly thread or something and vote by member name... lots of stuff to think of I guess. But I love the idea

I never go to the front cover, so you'd need a link on the forums page saying "check out the malt photo of the month!" or even have it on both places?

Set up that paypal button! I am good at that. soooooooooo easy!

thanks Joe

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
You can count me in too Joe! You have made such a wonderful place for us all to learn,share,love! All of your ideas are great ones and I also would love to see them happen for SM!!Thank you so much for what you have given us here!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Count me in too. I'm great at spending money, ask my DH........
Thanks Joe for giving us this wonderful forum!!

Martha and Ruby

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Great ideas Joe,
I will pm you after I have chatted with hubby, :lol: perhaps we can forward a check to help out.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE me some mugs w/a cool Spoiled Maltese logo. We're here to help ya in anyway. I can make an itty bitty witty donation...sorry starting school soon.

Here's an idea. Maybe have YOU auctioned off for a weekend to do MANly work...like building us some furniture and pet beds!!!
WOOHOO!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Aug 14 2005, 11:56 PM
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE me some mugs w/a cool Spoiled Maltese logo.  We're here to help ya in anyway.  I can make an itty bitty witty donation...sorry starting school soon. 

Here's an idea.  Maybe have YOU auctioned off for a weekend to do MANly work...like building us some furniture and pet beds!!!   
  WOOHOO!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=90530
[/QUOTE]
Great idea!!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Aug 14 2005, 10:56 PM
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE me some mugs w/a cool Spoiled Maltese logo.  We're here to help ya in anyway.  I can make an itty bitty witty donation...sorry starting school soon. 

Here's an idea.  Maybe have YOU auctioned off for a weekend to do MANly work...like building us some furniture and pet beds!!!   
  WOOHOO!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=90530
[/QUOTE]

Great idea!!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Make the donation button Joe. We use paypal so once you get it set up please PM me. I don't always check the NEWS.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Joe,

I am in...this site is wonderful and you should not have to have the expense come out of your pocket...you do enough already.

Susan

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i dont have much money but since i love this place so much i will donate what i can..i figure if we all donte a small amount then it will be able to support the forum

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I would love to have a t-shirt with SM logo on it! Let's get this thing going!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts