Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!! I am new to this forum, and have just rescued a 2 year old Maltese named Jessica
. Jessy is my first Maltese and since she came from a "backyard breeder" she brought along a lot baggage with her. She is very dog socialized but not people socialized and by being around her you can tell she was abused as well as neglected. I am posting a picture of Jessy along with my 7 year old male shih tzu Riley and my 2 year old female Poodle mix,Jasmine, who I rescued from a puppy mill last July.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well everyone, I have recently learned about Vinny's true background, I thought he came from a better breeder but the secret is that Jessie is my Vinny's mama. Pak is my little sister and we have been working for months to rescue Jessie and she is finally home. My sister does big time work for rescues and has a houseful to show for it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
and hugs
from me and the kids to you and all your furbabies! It's obvious that they are in a very loving home now. Thank you for the wonderful work you do in rescue.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by tag@May 27 2005, 08:20 PM
Well everyone, I have recently learned about Vinny's true background, I thought he came from a better breeder but the secret is that Jessie is my Vinny's mama.  Pak is my little sister and we have been working for months to rescue Jessie and she is finally home.  My sister does big time work for rescues and has a houseful to show for it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66236
[/QUOTE]

Wow what a neat story! That is just wonderful that you all rescued Vinny's mamma....

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Welcome to SM!! Your fur family is beautiful!! It's a wonderful thing you did for Jessica and Jasmine.

-c (and Massimo)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks for the warm welcomes! I've been lurking since January and I loved reading about everyones pets and seeing the beautiful pictures of all your babies.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
That's so great that you do rescue! It's also pretty cool that you got to rescue vinny's mom! Welcome to SM!!! You have a beautiful bunch!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Hugs to you and all your beautiful babies!!!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Welcome to you and your great family.I also have a rescue Lamby,who just turned 7yrs.Your right they do come with baggage,Lamby didnt come from a breeder but from a abbusive home.But I love her all the more for it! All your babies are beautiful

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
welcome to SM and thanks for doing rescues

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rescues are a lot of work but very much worth it. I also have 2 other dogs who I have rescued. A shepherd/huskey mix, Shanda who is now 8years old, she was a day away from being dropped off at the local pound when she was 5 weeks old, (I took her in thinking I would find a home for her and ended up keeping her) and another shepherd/huskey who is 9, her name is Jac and she was abandoned in Yellowknife NWT. I was living there at the time and witnessed her being hit by a car, she had tags on so I took her home and called the vet and learnt that Jac, who was 1 at the time, is a runner and since she ran away the day her family was moving to the East coast, they decided she wasn't worth looking for and left her behind.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok here they are
Jac is on the left and Shanda is on the right. Just don't ask for a group photo, I'd never be able to get them all to sit that long for a picture

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by pak3tz@May 27 2005, 08:24 PM
Rescues are a lot of work but very much worth it.  I also have 2 other dogs who I have rescued. A shepherd/huskey mix, Shanda who is now 8years old, she was a day away from being dropped off at the local  pound when she was 5 weeks old,  (I took her in thinking I would find a home for her and ended up keeping her)  and another shepherd/huskey who is 9, her name is Jac and she was abandoned  in Yellowknife NWT. I was living there at the time and witnessed her being hit by a car, she had tags on so I took her home and called the vet and learnt that  Jac, who was 1 at the time, is a runner and since she ran away the day her family was moving to the East coast, they decided she wasn't worth looking for and left her behind.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66280
[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the group

Seems like you learned early about rescues becoming permanent members instead of fosters who get new homes. One of my Lab rescues was to be put to sleep the day I got her from the shelter. Because she was being transported to me from another state, I offered to take another one too, as I was sure I could find them a home. That was two years ago, and when I drove in my driveway today, they were both waiting for me. They decided this was home, and I belong to them. To me, there is something about the depth of love a rescue gives. It's like they know they got a second chance, and they are always there for you; whereas one you raise from a puppy has a love, but it's different.
Please solve one problem for us. I see your new Malt is in coat. It's unusual for a byb or mill to keep a dog in coat. Can you tell us about the rescue?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
LucyLou, for some reason I've seen a few rescues with long coats... I think what happens is that no one takes care of them and their coats just grow... There is a no kill shelter near my town and they had a Maltese posted on their site. She looked so scraggly in her long coat... it was long but not at all pretty... It drove me so crazy to see her like that that I sent them money for 2 deluxe groomings including a puppy cut. I thought she'd have a better chance of being adopted if she looked cute!!
And I thought she'd just feel better if all cleaned up...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts